How do I query the WebSphere MQ queue depth, messages on queues, or queues?
Resolving the problem
To query basic information about usage of queues do the following:
Note: the commands assume default values for user and queue manager. If you have used different values, adjust the commands accordingly.
1. Log on as user fmc (when using a default installation)
2. Start the FMCQM queue manager (" strmqm FMCQM")
3. Run the command processor (" runmqsc FMCQM")
4. Enter " dis ql (RTSINPUTQ) all" (shows the amount of elements in the fmcemain input queue)
Note: MQ queue depth information can be seen in the following output fields:
5. Enter " dis ql (*) all" (displays all queues owned by fmc)
6. Enter " dis ql(EXEXMLINPUTQ) all" (displays the queue for XML messages)
7. Enter ? to get online help
8. Enter " end" to stop the command processor