IBM TS2240 Tape Drive Express Firmware
Drive firmware only - there is no other firmware in this product that can be updated.
In order to provide maximum performance and reliability, it is recommended that the latest version of microcode is installed on your IBM LTO tape devices.These firmware updates are intended to, among other things, increase overall reliability, improve tape handling, further reduce any possibility of data errors, and provide continued enhancements to diagnostic capabilities.
Supported Operating Environments
This tape drive works with the following operating systems: AIX, HPUX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, i5OS. For details on supported tape attachment please refer to the System Storage Interoperation Center website.
Download Package Descriptions
IBM maintains the latest levels of Tape Product code and documentation on the Internet and are available to download at IBM's new Fix Central web site. This link will take you to the position in Fix Central where you can select the code.
If the Fix Central Link above does not work then go to:
http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral and select the following options:
There are a few pull down menus to navigate to the correct download as follows:
- In the first pull down menu labeled “Product Group” select "Storage Systems".
- In the next pull down menu that appears which is labeled “Product Family” select "Tape Systems".
- With the next pull down menu, “Product Type”, select either "Tape drives".
- This will in turn bring up the “Product” menu, which provides selections for a specific Tape Product.
- Select "TS2240 Tape Drive".
- Click “Continue”.
- The next page will allow to browse for fixes. Click "Continue".
LTO Technical Support: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/storage/tape/ts2240/index.html
More support for:
Version: Not Applicable
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Software edition: Standard
Reference #: S4000633
Modified date: 30 June 2010
Translate this page: