IBM i License topics
Documents are provided in Adobe® PDF format.
IBM i Processor and User Transfer
IBM i will enable the transfer of IBM i processor and user (when applicable) entitlements from one machine to another within the same end user's enterprise under certain qualifying conditions.
IBM i Support Topics
- IBM i Group SWMA Products and Products with Separate SWMA
- IBM i Support Roadmap includes roadmap, service extension dates, and FAQs regarding IBM i SWMA and service extensions.
- Service Extension Details for IBM i 6.1 and 7.1
- IBM i Release Lifecycle
- IBM Software Support Lifecycle Policy
Backup Licensing on IBM i
Download the form Request for Designation of Primary and Backup Machine Pairing. (Request Temporary Keys for a Backup Machine)
The tech talk "IBM i Backup and Recovery Licensing" has information on licensing options on backup machines for IBM i, including Capacity Backup and Designated Backup Machines, and backup licensing in Service Provider environments.
Capacity Backup (CBU) offerings
For MSP licensing options in HA/DR environments, refer to IBM i MSP Licensing Options. The document refers to the following offerings:
IBM i Service Provider Topics
- IBM i MSP Licensing Options
- IBM i Service Provide Monthly Licensing
Announced and generally available March 28, 2017.
This offering for Service Providers is a monthly licensing option for IBM i 7.1 and later releases. Selected IBM i Licensed Program Products (LPPs) are also eligible for monthly licensing.
- IBM i V7 Products and Options, Install Codes, Media Features and More
This spreadsheet provides information to help users map product install codes seen on IBM i 7.1
and later systems with their associated media features, see which products are keyed, and more.
- IBM i products which are available via IBM i Temporary Licensing (5733-ITL)
- IBM Advanced Function Printing (AFP) Utilities for i (5770-AF1) Adjusted Plan
- What happened to Application Runtime Expert (5733-ARE), Facsimile Support for i (5798-FAX), and other Program Products for i?
- Map Systems and IBM i Version/Releases
Entitled Software Support (ESS)
This Web site provides access to and management support for IBM i and System i program entitlements and software keys. IBM i and AIX customers will also find Web initiated release upgrades, electronic software download and software maintenance inventory information support.
For more information, go to the Entitled Software Support (ESS) Web site: Registration and User Guides. These documents provide a detailed overview of ESS web site functionality.
More support for:
Software version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Reference #: N1022087
Modified date: 10 December 2018
Translate this page: