Manage IBM i NetServer without Navigator - GO NETS
How to manage IBM i NetServer without IBM i Navigator
The GO NETS tool was written to provide an easier interface to natively configure the i5/OS NetServer and related file and print shares. It provides command interfaces to the i5/OS NetServer APIs, as well as a menu over the commands.
Before the tool can be used, it must be created. Follow the instructions in the next section to build the tool set on your machine. GO NETS is a user tool and is shipped in the QUSRTOOL library, under license program 57##SS1, option 7. For more information on this tool and how to use it, please see the documentation file QUSRTOOL/QATTINFO, member TZLSINFO.
Setting up GO NETS
Follow these example steps to build the GO NETS command tool into library NETSRVCMD.
1. Create the target library. NETSRVCMD may be replaced with the library name of your choice.
CRTLIB LIB(NETSRVCMD) TEXT('i5/OS NetServer menu and commands')
2. Expand the necessary files:
CALL QUSRTOOL/UNPACKAGE PARM('*ALL ' 1)
3. Create the installation program:
CRTCLPGM NETSRVCMD/TZLSINST QUSRTOOL/QATTCL
4. Call the installer to create the GO NETS tool:
CALL NETSRVCMD/TZLSINST NETSRVCMD
5. Add the new library to the library list:
6. Run the tool's menu interface. From now on, you need only type this command to bring up GO NETS function.
Using GO NETS
Selecting a menu item brings up the prompter for the corresponding command. For specific details on each of the commands, refer to the TZLSINFO member in QUSRTOOL/QATTINFO.
Related informationNetServer main page
More support for:
Component: Not Applicable
Software version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): IBM i
Reference #: N1021773
Modified date: 05 August 2019