QMGTOOLS: How to check and update QMGTOOLS
How to check and update QMGTOOLS?
The document gives the methods to check and update QMGTOOLS for the latest version.
This option is located in the main QMGTOOLS menu. When selected, the tool will try to FTP to the IBM public FTP site at public.dhe.ibm.com. In the screen shot below, option 13 is the "Check IBM for updated QMGTOOLS" option. Once selected, follow the on screen instructions.
This is separated in 2 sections : iDoctor not installed on a PC or iDoctor already installed on a PC.
iDoctor not installed on a PC
1) To install iDoctor on a PC, use the following URL. If this URL does not work, try an internet search for keywords "IBM iDoctor Download".
2) If installing for the first time, scroll down to section titled New User Install Tips.
Install Screen Shots
1) Welcome screen, click Next.
2) Accept the license agreement and click Next.
3) Click on Server and Client and click Next.
4) From here add the system or systems to install and add the logon credentials. Click Next.
5) Select the correct version of Must Gather Tools. Other options such as Base Support, Heap Analyzer, Job Watcher, and PEX analyzer are OK to install too as it is part of iDoctor, but not necessary. Click Next and follow the installation prompts. Once the installation finishes, QMGTOOLS library should be on the IBM i server.
iDoctor already installed on a PC
1) Click on the system from iDoctor and this screen should be present :
2) There should be a component call Must Gather Tools. There should be a status field next to it either it is labeled "Available" or "Not installed".
3) If it is "Available", that means that iDoctor detects that QMGTOOLS is installed. In either case, clicking on the "Check for new server builds" button will check for the latest QMGTOOLS and other components of iDoctor. A pop up similiar to this one should appear.
4) Click on yes and follow the instructions.
Method 3 - Manually update from the IBM public FTP site
Manually update from the IBM public FTP site
1) Browse to url http://public.dhe.ibm.com/services/us/igsc/has/
2) Select the save file that matches your iSeries release and download to a PC.
3) Upload the save file to the iSeries
4) Clear the QMGTOOLS library
5) Restore the library, QMGTOOLS :
RSTLIB SAVLIB(QMGTOOLS) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(savefile)
|Operating System||IBM i|
More support for:
Software version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): IBM i
Software edition: Standard
Reference #: N1020468
Modified date: 04 December 2017
Translate this page: