How To Download & Install JDK 7.0/7.1 for the IBM i OS (57xxJV1 Options 14 & 15)
This document describes how to download and install 5xxJV1 Options 14 and 15 for the IBM i OS.
IBM i OS; JDK 7.0 32 bit & 64 bit
Resolving the problem
IBM i 7.2 and 7.3
5770JV1 Option 14 = JDK 7.0 32 bit
5770JV1 Option 15 = JDK 7.0 64 bit
For IBM i 7.2 and 7.3 OS, 5770JV1 Options 14 and 15 are provided on the standard set media disc, B_GROUPx_05. Please use the B_GROUPx_05 disc to install the 5770JV1 Options 14 and 15 using GO LICPGM Option 11.
Then, complete the LPP installation by installing the Java Group PTF.
IBM i 7.2 - SF99716
IBM i 7.3 - SF99725
IBM i 7.1
5761JV1 Option 14 = JDK 7.0 32 bit
5761JV1 Option 15 = JDK 7.0 64 bit
These LPP options can be downloaded electronically from IBM's Entitled Systems Support (ESS) website and then installed using the following instructions:
- ESS Download Instructions
Disclaimer: The screen captures in this document may not match the live web site exactly due to web design updates etc. However, they should be close and allow you to work through the download process.
To download 5761JV1, Options 14 and 15, you should do the following:
1. Direct your Web browser to the following URL:
2. Log in with your IBM ID and click Software downloads.
3. Select the appropriate OS and Version (IBM i OS and V7R1M0) for Step 1, then click the Continue button.
4. The JDK 7.0 LPP options are only available for IBM i 7.1, so you should select the 5770-SS1 product. For IBM i 7.2 and 7.3 OS, 5770JV1 Options 14 and 15 are provided on the standard set media disc, B_GROUPx_05. Please use the B_GROUPx_05 disc to install the 5770JV1 Options 14 and 15 using GO LICPGM Option 11.
Click the Continue button at the bottom of the page:
5. Select the desired language and click on the Continue button:
6. Click the hide/show link next to the IBM i product to expand. This will allow you to target specific components to download:
7. Click on the hide/show link next to the 5817 i7.1 B_GROUP1 download package. You will see the Developer Kit for Java 7.0 32bit and 64bit product images. Click on the check boxes next to them to select for download. Click on the Continue button to continue the download process.
8. Review the Terms and conditions and then click on the I agree button if you agree to the terms and conditions listed.
9. Start the download by clicking on the Download now button. If your web browser does not support Java (i.e. Chrome), you can click on the Click here to use HTTP link immediately below the Download now button.
10. Once the image files are downloaded, you can use them to install the required options by buring the image file a CD or by loading the files into an image catalog for use with a virtual optical device. Please refer to the Installing JDK 7.0 From An Image Catalog section below.
- Installing JDK 7.0 From An Image Catalog
You will want to download the zip files to your PC per the instructions above and transfer the zip files to the IFS directory, /jdk7, (use a mapped network drive, FTP, or iNav connection).
Developer Kit for Java 7.0 32bit - LCD8_1887_01_Developer_Kit_for_Java_7.0_32bit.iso.ZIP
Developer Kit for Java 7.0 64bit - LCD8_1888_01_Developer_Kit_for_Java_7.0_64bit.iso.ZIP
Then, unzip the files to extract the ISO image files.
jar xvf LCD8_1887_01_Developer_Kit_for_Java_7.0_32bit.iso.ZIP
jar xvf LCD8_1888_01_Developer_Kit_for_Java_7.0_64bit.iso.ZIP
Once the ISO image files have been extracted from the zip files, use the instructions below for installing JDK 7.0 using an image catalog.
Important Note: The CHGOPTA command must be issued before the LODIMGCLG command shown below. If it is issued after the LODIMGCLG command, you will need to re-load the catalog.
CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(jdk7) DIR('/jdk7/IMAGE') CRTDIR(*YES)
ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(jdk7) FROMFILE('/jdk7/LCD8_1887_01_Developer_Kit_for_Java_7.0_32bit.iso') TOFILE(*fromfile)
ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(jdk7) FROMFILE('/jdk7/LCD8_1888_01_Developer_Kit_for_Java_7.0_64bit.iso') TOFILE(*fromfile)
CRTDEVOPT DEVD(OPTVRT11) RSRCNAME(*VRT) Note: this may already exist, that is ok.
VRYCFG CFGOBJ(OPTVRT11) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*ON)
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(jdk7) DEV(OPTVRT11)
RSTLICPGM LICPGM(5761JV1) OPTION(14) RSTOBJ(*PGM) DEV(OPTVRT11)
WRKIMGCLGE IMGCLG(JDK7) and mount the second volume containing 5761JV1 opt 15 with option 6=Mount
RSTLICPGM LICPGM(5761JV1) OPTION(15) RSTOBJ(*PGM) DEV(OPTVRT11)
Finally, download and install the latest IBM i Java Group PTF to complete the LPP installation.
IBM i 7.1 - SF99572
IBM i 7.2 - SF99716
IBM i 7.3 - SF99725
|Operating System||IBM i 7.1|
|Operating System||IBM i 7.3|
|Operating System||IBM i 7.2|
More support for:
Software version: 7.1, 7.2, 7.3
Operating system(s): IBM i
Reference #: N1011217
Modified date: 31 October 2012