Configuring IBM i Access for Windows v6.1 and v7.1 To Use Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
Resolving The Problem
This document describes the following:
|o||How To Install the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Component in IBM i Access for Windows|
|o||How To Download the Local Certificate Authority|
|o||How To Configure System i Navigator To Use SSL|
|o||How To Configure PC5250 To Use SSL|
- 1) How To Install the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Component in IBM i Access for Windows
NOTE: If you see the IBM Key Management application under Start -> Programs -> IBM i Access for Windows, then the SSL component is already installed. You can proceed to step 2 on "How To Download the Local Certificate Authority".
To install the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) component from the IBM i Access for Windows installation image (If a client service pack has been installed after the original installation, a merged installation image containing the same service pack level will be required to accomplish this task.), you should do the following:
1. Go to the Windows Control Panel and choose the Add/Remove Programs icon (for Windows 7, this will be called Programs and Features). 2. Locate the IBM i Access for Windows product from the list, once populated. 3. Highlight the product, and click Change. 4. Click Next, then click Modify. 5. Click Next until the Custom Setup dialogue is displayed. 6. Locate Secure Sockets Layer in the list and click the drop-down next to it. 7. ChooseThis feature and all subfeatures will be installed on the local hard drive. 8. Follow the Wizard to complete the installation. 9. Stop and restart the PC.
To verify the Secure Socket Layer component is installed, you should do the following:
- 2) How To Download the Local Certificate Authority
Once the Secure Socket Layer component is installed, the Certificate Authority must be downloaded. Please refer to the following steps on how to do this.
- 3) How To Configure System i Navigator To Use SSL
- 4) How To Configure PC5250 To Use SSL
|IBM i 6.1|
|IBM i 7.1|
More support for:
Component: Access for Windows
Software version: 6.1, 6.1.0, 7.1, 7.1.0
Operating system(s): IBM i
Reference #: N1011018
Modified date: 08 January 2019