The Virtual I/O Server 2.2 VIOS 184.108.40.206-FP24 IZ90550 Interim Fix Readme
Readme file for: VIOS 220.127.116.11 IZ90550 Interim Fix
Product/Component Release: 2.2
Update Name: VIOS 18.104.22.168-FP24 IZ90550 Interim Fix
Fix ID: VIOS_22.214.171.124_IZ90550
Publication Date: 10 May 2011
Last modified date: 10 May 2011
To apply Interim Fix IZ90550, follow these steps.
- Log in to VIOS as padmin
- Run the following command to check the IOSLEVEL
The output must be one of the following
Do not apply this fix if the IOSLEVEL is not one of the two preceding levels.
- Create a directory to store the fix package, change directories to the new directory, and then download the package from Fix Central.
$ mkdir <directory_name >
- Commit previous updates by running the following command:
$ updateios -commit
- Next, apply the update by running the following command
$ updateios -accept -install -dev <directory_name >
- The interim fix installation process produces output of the "Operation summary" of the updateios command. This output includes an installation preview; a prompt to continue installation; output of the command processing; and a final report of the installation of the interim fix(es).
Follow the prompts during during command processing to install the interim fix(es).
- Check for installed interim fixes by entering the following command.
You should see your fix listed in the command output. The update is then complete.
List of fixes
Interim Fix IZ90550 for VIOS for IOSLEVEL 126.96.36.199-FP-24 or 188.8.131.52-FP-24 SP01
This fix applies to you if your VIOS is at either Fix Pack 24 (VIOS 184.108.40.206-FP-24) or Fix Pack 24 with Service Pack 01 (VIOS 220.127.116.11-FP-24 SP-01). Interim Fix IZ90550 fixes a problem where the "errdemon" is not restarted after you run the snap command to create a dump.
Document change history
|Date||Description of change|
More support for:
Virtual I/O Server
Reference #: 00000499
Modified date: 10 May 2011
Translate this page: