IBM i Access for Windows Toolkit - Visual Basic Script
The following sample programs are available to help develop IBM i Access for Windows applications using Visual Basic Script:
ActiveX automation objects
- vbsallob.exe – Visual Basic Script sample using the IBM i Access for Windows automation objects.
This Visual Basic Script sample uses the IBM i Access for Windows automation objects to perform the following:
- Retrieve the list of IBM i systems which have previously been connected
- Specify a new IBM i to access
- Retrieve information about an IBM i, such as the: IP address, host version and release levels, password expiration date, number of active connections, etc.
- Call an IBM i API to retrieve a list of user libraries on the server
- Call an IBM i API to retrieve a list of data queues in a library
- Create and delete libraries
- Create and delete data queues
- Query the attributes of data queues
- Send and receive data using data queues
- Convert strings and numeric data between host and PC formats
- Retrieve information about the IBM i Access for Windows code installed on the PC
This sample requires the file cwbxvbs.inc which is installed in the Include directory as part of the IBM i Access for Windows Toolkit. This file must be in the same directory as the files from this sample.
Note: If you get the following error while running this script:
"ActiveX component can't create object: 'createobject'"
please see Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q195826.
More support for:
Version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): IBM i
Reference #: T1027203
Modified date: 28 March 2018
Translate this page: