Integrated Web Application Server for IBM i
The integrated Web application server for IBM i is a lightweight Java application server that contains a Web servlet container that is readily accessible and provides a flexible foundation for developing jsp and servlet-based Java applications. integrated web application server for ibm i, integrated web application server, integrated web application, ias, ias for ibm i
Preparing for the end of Java 7: How it affects integrated web application server (June 26, 2018)
End of support for Java 7 is scheduled for September 2019. In addition, Liberty - which integrated web application server (IAS) is based on - is set to end support for Java 7 at that time. What does that mean for your current IAS installations?
End of support for Java 7 means you can’t get updates or fixes for Java problems such as security vulnerabilities. Staying on the Java 7 level could leave your applications exposed to future issues. To ensure your applications are running in a supported environment for years to come, we recommend moving to the latest Java supported by Liberty — Java SE 8. You can update the Java version for a server by using the IBM Web Administration GUI for i. Select the server, then click on the Server->Properties link and you will be able to select a Java version from a selection list. If you do not see a suitable version, you will need to install the licensed product that contains the Java version you desire.
Features and benefits
The integrated web application server for IBM i is a composable, dynamic, application server for hosting Java applications during development, test, and production.
- Simple to configure -- The integrated web application server provides an easy to use web administrative GUI front-end that allows you to manage and monitor the server and any deployed applications.
- Small footprint -- The integrated web application server run time loads only what your application needs by using OSGi technology and concepts.
- Support for many Java technologies.
- No up-front costs -- The application server is part of the operating system, so you can get services up and running and show tangible results fast.
- Advanced capabilities -- A comprehensive and proven portfolio of middleware products from the IBM WebSphere family.
- Focus on core capabilities -- Solution providers do not require new skills or tools for the deployment of Java applications to the application server.
Related web sites
Information and details of new features and enhancements relating to the integrated web application server
IBM HTTP Server Group PTF contains the PTFs necessary to use the integrated web application server for IBM i support. In addition, it is important that you ensure you have the latest Java group PTF
Prerequisites that are required to be installed on the system in order to use the integrated web application server for IBM i support
More support for:
Version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): IBM i
Reference #: T1026865
Modified date: 29 June 2018
Translate this page: