Upgrade AFPTOOLBOX, Subset MVS/H23A100:
This subset contains installation information for AFP Toolbox
Version 1, Release 1, Modification 0 for MVS.
1. 97/11/21 INSTALLATION INFORMATION
2. 97/10/01 DOCUMENTATION CHANGES
3. 97/11/18 GENERAL INFORMATION
4. 14/06/30 SERVICE RECOMMENDATIONS
5. 02/02/12 CROSS PRODUCT DEPENDENCIES
DATE APAR PTF VOLID COMMENTS
4 14/06/30 PI17494 UI19152 1000 HIPER AFP TOOLBOX PERFORMANCE
3 99/12/23 PQ30980 UQ35196 9912 HIPER REBUILD OF THE MVS TOOLBOX
2 98/11/02 PQ19382 UQ22925 9810 HIPER MSGCEE3204S SYSTEM
1. 97/11/18 PQ10026 UQ11500 9711 HIPER AFPTOOLBOX FOR MVS OS/390
THIS SECTION CONTAINS CHANGES TO THE PRODUCT'S PROGRAM DIRECTORY.
3. 97/11/21 SECTION OF PROG. DIRECTORY REFERENCED: SECTION 7.1.1 PG 29
Do not use the 3800 font library SYS1.FONTLIB as input for
the flip index. The program directory states that you can
use the same font library concatenantion for the flip index
that is used for PSF/MVS. That is not correct. Do not use
libraries that contain 3800 fonts.
Message: Assertion failed: index < lenght ,
file:'JLS.AFPTK.CPP(ATXBUFF) line 325
EDC6006E The raise() function was issued for the signal
SIGABRT. maybe issued if the 3800 fonts SYS1.FONTLIB is
included in the FLIP index.
2. 97/10/09 If you receive compile errors trying to run the COBOL
IVP program (ATXCBTST), modify line 456 (MOVE 'N10' TO
TERMS-IN.) and line 776 (MOVE 'TOTAL DUE' TO AFP-CHARACTER
-STRING.) to change the single quotes to double quotes.
1. 97/07/28 The MVS program directory describes how to run FLIP
(ATXFLMVS) on p 29. The first ordered list item talks about
the FONTLIBO DD statement being required for concatenated
font librarie. This bullet should be a paragraph instead,
outside of the list, because FONTLIBO is ALWAYS required
when FLIP is run, even if it is the same data set as the
font library itself. On p 30, the instructions need to be
modified (step 3) to state that FONTLIBO is always
required. Finally, in the ATXFLIP JCL member, return code
36 should be updated to state that this RC may also be
received if the FONTLIBO DD statement is missing or the
data set cannot be written to.
THIS SECTION OUTLINES MAJOR ERRORS IN THE PRODUCT'S PUBLISHED
2. 97/10/01 The Program Directory for AFP Toolbox for MVS,
Chapter 5.2.3 Programming Requirements
The 4th bullet is incorrect.
*IBM COBOL for MVS Compiler (5688-197) Version 1 Release 5
*IBM COBOL for MVS Compiler (5688-197) Version 1 Release 2
1. 97/01/21 Text Orientations documentedunder the SetTextOrientation
call in the C chapter and C++ chapters are incorrect.
They should be:
THIS SECTION CONTAINS GENERAL INFORMATION, I.E. SYSGEN HINTS/TIPS.
7. 97/11/18 The IVP may fail with messages concerning the defining of
resources. Example: AFPDEFINEFONT call failed with return
code -14. The last step of the IVP may fail with a
CBLWriteString failed with return code 15. Apply apar
pq07142 ptf uq08195 on volid 9708.
6. 97/01/21 COBOL sample ATXCBSAM uses ATXSLOGO which is an AFP page
segment containing IOCA image. To print the output, you
must send the output to a printer that supports IOCA image.
You can also remove the CBLInclPseg from the sample
program, or change the name of the segment that is included
to one that will print on your system.
5. 97/01/21 ITEM DELETED 97/02/20
4. 97/01/21 Toolbox on MVS does not support double byte fonts.
3. 97/01/21 Toolbox on MVS cannot read the DCFINDEX member created by
the Document Composition Facility (DCF) licensed program,
or the AFPINDEX member created by the AFP API.
2. 97/01/21 The AFPWriteString function writes SIA (Set Intercharacter
Adjust) PTOCA text control when the intercharacter
increment value is greater than 0. Old printers like the
d/t3820 and d/t3800-3 will issue an error for the SIA and
will not print the page.
1. 97/01/21 You cannot print the output from the C++ sample output with
PSF/MVS directly. You can route it to PSF for AIX or use
the modified AFRREBLK program which supports fixed block
records. The modified AFRREBLK is available on the IBM
Printing Systems Web site:
4 14/06/30 PROBLEM: (PI17494) AFP TOOLBOX PERFORMANCE PROBLEM BECAUSE
FIELDS WERE NOT DROPPED. .
USERS AFFECTED: ALL USERS CREATING TABLES.
RECOMMENDATION: INSTALL UI19152 ON VOLID 1000 (H23A100)
3 99/12/23 PROBLEM: (PQ30980) REBUILD OF THE MVS TOOLBOX ATXCOBLH
COPYBOOK FOR AFPSETEXTENDEDCOLOR. INCLUDES FIXES
FOR APAR PQ31053 AND PQ26180
USERS AFFECTED: All AFP Toolbox users.
RECOMMENDATION: INSTALL UQ35196 ON VOLID 9912 (H23A100)
2 98/11/02 PROBLEM: (PQ19382) MSGCEE3204S SYSTEM DETECTED A PROTECTION
EXCEPTION WHEN PTX RECORD EXCEEDS 8K OF DATA ON A
USERS AFFECTED: All AFP Toolbox users on MVS or OS/390.
RECOMMENDATION: INSTALL UQ22925 ON VOLID 9810 (H23A100)
1. 97/11/18 PROBLEM: (PQ10026) AFPTOOLBOX FOR MVS OS/390 SUPPORT
USERS AFFECTED: All OS/390 Toolbox users.
RECOMMENDATION: INSTALL UQ11500 ON VOLID 9711
THIS SECTION CONTAINS INFORMATION THAT IS DEPENDENT UPON ANOTHER
PRODUCT OTHER THAN THIS SUBSET ID.
1. 02/02/12 INTERDEPENDENT PRODUCT: C/C++ for MVS 56551210A
PROBLEM: EDC4015 Object Resolution errors running the AFP
Toolbox IVP. After appling uq61158 or uq61159. Fix by apar
USERS AFFECTED: All AFP TOOLBOX for MVS users
RECOMMENDATION: INSTALL UQ63206 ON VOLID F202 (JLB7713)
THESE INFO APARs are attached II10133 II13169
PTF Include List
PTF Exclude List
PE APAR List
End of Upgrade
AFPTOOLBOX , Subset
MVS/H23A100 , as of 2014/07/01.