Licensing Information and Usage Restrictions
The following usage restrictions apply to all Maximo related products and are in addition to the details outlined within each product’s respective Licensing Information document. This document is general in nature and the use of “the Program” may be substituted with an individual Maximo product name.
Limited Use User Ratio:
Authorized User Licenses cannot exceed a ratio of 3 licenses to 1 Authorized User License of Maximo Asset Management or an Industry Solution.
Express Use User Ratio
Licensee's ownership of Express Use Authorized User Licenses cannot exceed a ratio of 25 licenses to 1 Authorized User License of Maximo Asset Management or Industry Solution.
Licensee's ownership of Express Use Authorized User Licenses cannot exceed a ratio of 75 licenses to 1 Concurrent User License of Maximo Asset Management or Industry Solution.
Licensee's ownership of Express Use Concurrent User Licenses cannot exceed a ratio of 25 licenses to 1 Concurrent User License of Maximo Asset Management or Industry Solution.
Licensee's ownership of Express Use Concurrent User Licenses cannot exceed a ratio of 8 licenses to 1 Authorized User License of Maximo Asset Management or Industry Solution.
For each license
Not to exceed Express Use Authorized User licenses
Not to exceed Express Use Concurrent User
Authorized User License
Concurrent User License
Licensee will not attempt to aggregate users or otherwise circumvent IBM's licensing restrictions via technical means, including without limitation the use of any interface between the Program and other software that performs functionality substantially similar to that contained in any IBM program then offered by IBM when Licensee acquires the Program.
All users of the Program must be listed in the security application of Maximo Asset Management and all users so listed must be entitled to use the Program. Users’ access to the Program must be defined in accordance with the entitlement granted and parameters defined in the security application by the type of user, and be configured accordingly within the profile definition of the users Security Group(s).
Add-on functionality, such as Maximo Industry Solutions and/or Add-on programs (Calibration, Spatial, etc.) are configured in the security application to allow access up to the specific number of users entitled pursuant to Licensee’s Proof of Entitlement. Any technical mechanism used including 3rd party mobile solutions that accesses, uses, or manipulates data in any manner outside of the Program’s user interface requires a Maximo entitlement.
For users who are performing functions which do not require specific entitlement, a single user identification can be utilized.
The Program is for use within Licensee's organization only and may not be resold, rented, leased, or transferred to third parties (without limiting the generality of the foregoing, a third party expressly includes any divested entity or any entity that does not control (by owning greater than 50% of the voting shares), is not controlled by or is not under common control with Licensee). Any attempt to do so in violation of these provisions is void.
Limited Use User Access
A Limited Use User may access applications that have been cloned from one of the applications contained in one of the three modules selected for the Limited Use Authorized User.
A Limited Use User may access custom applications whose capabilities are related to the other applications in the same module selected for the Limited Use Authorized User. If the custom application is unrelated to that module, it will be individually counted as one of the designated modules for that user.
Limited Use Users also have access granted by an Express user, as described in the Maximo Asset Management license information document.
Users accessing the system who are entitled as a Maximo Concurrent Use User are counted as any user that is logged into the system at the same time. This allows a single license to be shared by multiple people, as long as the total number of users simultaneously logged in does not exceed the number of licenses.
Maximo measures concurrent usage by counting the number of users that were logged into the system every minute (based on login and logout information in the logintracking table) and reports on the peak usage over a 24 hour time period. The default time out for a logged in user is after 30 minutes of inactivity and should not be set to any less than 10 minutes for a concurrent user.
General Charge Terms
Trade-Up License for Industry Solutions.
- Trade-Up allows an existing Maximo Asset Management user to upgrade to a Maximo Industry Solution.
- Trade-Up pricing applies to a given customer who previously purchased Maximo Asset Management and is interested in making a subsequent decision to purchase a Maximo Industry Solution.
Add-On License for Industry Solutions
- An Add-On License entitles a Maximo User who is licensed for one Maximo Industry Solution to be licensed for another Maximo Industry Solution.
- The pricing applies to a User who is using more than one Maximo Industry Solution, purchased at the same time or at a later date.
User Entitlement for Mobile Solutions
- Users requiring mobile capabilities in addition to their current existing Maximo license may purchase the "Add-On" license for Maximo Anywhere.
- Users that only require access to Maximo via Maximo Anywhere applications only require that they hold a Maximo Anywhere user license. Those who also require desktop access to Maximo will require a Anywhere license as well as the Maximo license appropriate for their desktop access to Maximo.
Use of third party mobile applications
When accessing Maximo through a third party mobile application, each user is required to hold a underlying Maximo license that would support the same capabilities as provided through the 3rd party application. For example;
- If the mobile application allows a technician to view and enter data and complete their assigned work, that requires an express license.
- If the mobile application provides the access to contracts, purchases orders, and inventory (3 Maximo modules) a Limited license is required.
- If the license is shared, it must be the appropriate concurrent use license.
The following usage restrictions applies to the IBM Maximo Asset Management Express Authorized User and Express Concurrent User License only.
The following Maximo add-on product capabilities, if entitled within an enterprise, may be accessed by users with Express entitlement within the usage guidelines of Express.
All Maximo Industry Solutions
IBM Maximo Asset Configuration Manager
IBM Maximo Linear Asset Manager
IBM Maximo Service Provider
IBM Maximo Scheduler
IBM Maximo Scheduler Plus
IBM Maximo Health, Safety and Environment Manager
The following Maximo add-on products can be purchased for use with a Maximo Express License:
IBM Maximo Spatial Asset Management
IBM Maximo Calibration
The following usage restriction applies to IBM Maximo for Nuclear Power.
Creating and viewing condition reports via the Create Condition Report (Nuc) does not require a license.
The following usage restriction applies to IBM Maximo for Transportation.
Creating vehicle requests for IBM Maximo Transportation does not require a license.
The following usage restriction applies to IBM Maximo Health, Safety and Environment as well as IBM Maximo for Oil and Gas:
An Incident reporter can enter an incident and view the status of that incident without a license but to change the status of the reported incident requires a license.
Use of the Management of Change Request (MOC Request) application does not require a license.
The following usage restriction applies to the IBM Maximo for Aviation Industry Solution.
Maximo for Aviation includes predefined security groups. For the predefined security groups, specific license types are required.
- The following security groups require either an Authorized User or a Concurrent User license;
- ENGINEER, PLANNING, MAINTENANCE and MAXADMIN
- The following security groups require either a Limited Use Authorized User or a Limited Use Concurrent User license.
- LOGISTICS, QUALITY, SAFETYMGNT, FINANCE, CONTRACT, SALES and HR,
- The following security group requires either a Maximo Express Use Authorized User or Express Use Concurrent User license.
- The following security group requires an Anywhere Authorized User license.
- The following security group requires an Asset license for the Maximo for Aviation Anywhere Electronic Flight Log Book
The customer may create new security groups.
If these new customer created security groups are a subset of an existing Maximo for Aviation security group, the user will need the license defined by the parent security group.
If the customer created a completely new security group, that security group will be subject to the same license restrictions as other Maximo Industry solutions.
The following usage restriction applies to the IBM Maximo Anywhere mobile product only.
The Maximo Anywhere product contains the IBM Worklight Consumer Edition or IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation - Consumer. As such, Maximo Anywhere customers may use the Worklight/MobileFirst product components for the purpose of configuring and running the Maximo Anywhere mobile applications. In addition, the following restrictions apply:
Customers may not create new Maximo Anywhere applications for use from within or external to Maximo without first acquiring the required MobileFirst entitlements.
Customers may not alter the Maximo Anywhere mobile application such that they exchange data with any data source other than Maximo. Exchanging data directly from the Mobile App and another data source outside Maximo or Tririga is excluded.
Customers may use data that is accessible through real-time Web services deployed through the Maximo Enterprise Adapters as long as the use of that data does not alter the functionality of the delivered App. Exchanging data in the App for the purpose of changing or increasing the business intent of the delivered Anywhere App is excluded.
Customers may perform configuration changes of the provided Maximo Anywhere applications or may “clone” a provided Maximo Anywhere application such that the original business intent is not changed.
You may not make changes other than those specified in the IBM Maximo Anywhere documentation (e.g. "Customizing Maximo Anywhere mobile apps").
The following term applies to IBM Maximo Anywhere when creating and deploying Maximo Anywhere applications for iOS (.ipa files)
You confirm that You have all appropriate Apple Developer Program license(s) and that You, as Apple’s licensee, is subject to, and will comply with, the terms of the appropriate Apple Developer Program Agreement. You hereby agree to further customize the Maximo Anywhere hybrid code according to your requirements and build the Maximo Anywhere hybrid code under your Apple Developer Program credentials.
You are solely responsible for uploading, maintaining and granting access to Your signing credentials and keeping Your signing credentials secure at all times. IBM is not responsible for any loss or compromise to Your signing credentials.
Components Not Used for Establishing Required Entitlements
When determining the number of entitlements required for Licensee's installation or use of IBM Maximo Anywhere, the installation or use of the following IBM Maximo Anywhere mobile applications are not taken into consideration. In other words, Licensee may install and use the following IBM Maximo Anywhere mobile applications, under the license terms, but these components are not used to determine the number of entitlements required for the Program.
IBM Maximo Anywhere Incident Reporter
IBM Maximo Anywhere Service Request
IBM Maximo Anywhere Operator Rounds
IBM Maximo Spatial mapping capabilities within an Anywhere application
The following Maximo add-on products can be purchased for use with an IBM Maximo Anywhere License:
IBM Maximo Calibration
The following usage restriction applies to the IBM Maximo for Aviation Anywhere Electronic Flight Log Book Asset license.
For this mobile application, an asset is defined as an aircraft with an assigned identification number.
The following usage restriction applies to the IBM Maximo Asset Management for Internal Service Providers product only.
- This product is a Maximo Add-on intended for “internal” service organizations such as departments or business units offering services to other departments or units inside the Licensee’s Enterprise.
- This product is only for use when it is not revenue producing and simply provides services to other departments in the Licensee’s Enterprise. Examples of departments are: IT and Facilities.
- Priced per Install and per Authorized User
- Per install metric: For example if Licensee has three separate environments, such as development, test and a production environment, three Install licenses are required.
- Per Authorized User: Each user of Service Provider, including users who are, for example, setting up response plans or setting up the chargeback rules are required to have an Service Provider Authorized User entitlement.
- License sync does not apply to Maximo Asset Management for Internal Service Providers; the number of Service Provider Authorized User licenses does not need to match the total Authorized user count for the Program.
- Use of the Bill Review applications in Maximo Asset Management for Internal Service Providers does not require a license.
The following usage restriction applies to the IBM Maximo Asset Management for Managed Service Provider
- This product is a Maximo Add-on intended for service organizations using Maximo offering services to manage assets for third-party customers outside of the Licensee’s Enterprise.
- Maximo Asset Management for Managed Service Provider is required for any Maximo customers who engage in revenue producing services. Examples of businesses are: IT and Facilities.
- License synchronization applies to Maximo Asset Management for Managed Service Providers; the number of Service Provider Authorized User licenses must match the total Authorized user count for the Program. Also the number of Service Provider Limited User licenses must match the total Limited user count for the Program. No license synchronization is required for Express User licenses.
- Use of the Bill Review applications in Maximo Asset Management for Managed Service Providers does not require a license.