MustGather: AIX PowerHA SystemMirror problems
Collecting data for problems with PowerHA SystemMirror on AIX
The following procedures are for data collection, not for problem diagnosis. Gathering this information before calling IBM support can aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs).
Using zsnap for PowerHA SystemMirror
Run # zsnap --HACMP
This zsnap command gathers PowerHA data and creates the testcase file in one step. If you already have a PMR number, see the example below.
The zsnap command for PowerHA SystemMirror gathers the same information as snap at this time. The data include:
See zsnap usage for all available options.
# zsnap --HACMP --pmr 12345,123,123
The example gathers the appropriate data and creates a testcase file with the IBM standard naming convention for quicker processing. You will be prompted to send the file to IBM using the FTP protocol. If you don't have a PMR number, omit the --pmr flag to build the testcase file.
You can also run the zsnap command from the AIX SMIT menus.
For information on sending testcase information, read Sending Testcases Electronically.
Using snap for PowerHA SystemMirror
The snap command is the standard AIX tool that gathers data and stores that information in /tmp/ibmsupt/. The snap command does not gather the following additional PowerHA related information.
- Sample snap procedure for PowerHA
See snap usage for all available options
Follow these steps to gather the PowerHA data.
- Run the snap -r command to remove all previously gathered data on all of the nodes in the cluster.
- Gather the additional information and put it in /tmp/ibmsupt/testcase. You may need to recreate the testcase directory.
- Run # snap -e on just one node.
- Rename the testcase file to adhere to IBM testcase file naming conventions, and then send the file to IBM.
- For information on sending testcase information, read Sending Testcases Electronically.
More support for:
Operating system(s): AIX
Reference #: ools3ac96842
Modified date: 25 January 2018
Translate this page: