MustGather: AIX CAA problems
Collecting data for problems with CAA on AIX
The following procedures are for data collection, not for problem diagnosis. Gathering this information before calling IBM support can aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs).
Using zsnap for CAA
Run # zsnap --CAA
This zsnap command gathers CAA data and creates the testcase file in one step. If you already have a PMR number, see the example below.
In addition to the information gathered by the snap command, the zsnap command gathers CAA data that include:
See zsnap usage for all available options.
# zsnap --CAA --pmr 12345,123,123
The example gathers the appropriate data and creates a testcase file with the IBM standard naming convention for quicker processing. You will be prompted to send the file to IBM using the FTP protocol. If you don't have a PMR number, omit the --pmr flag to build the testcase file.
You can also run the zsnap command from the AIX SMIT menus.
For information on sending testcase information, read Sending Testcases Electronically.
Using snap for CAA
The snap command is the standard AIX tool that gathers data and stores that information in /tmp/ibmsupt/. There are two flags that can be used to gather CAA data with snap: snap caa or snap -e.
To reduce the possibility of needing to request additional information later, the following information needs to be gathered manually and included in the snap testcase file.
See zsnap Data section above for the information you need to collect.
- Sample snap procedure for CAA
See snap usage for all available options
Follow these steps to gather the CAA data.
- Run the snap -r command to remove all previously gathered data.
- Gather the additional information and put it in /tmp/ibmsupt/testcase. You may need to recreate the testcase directory.
- Run # snap caa or snap -e
- Rename the testcase file to adhere to IBM testcase file naming conventions, and then send the file to IBM.
- For information on sending testcase information, read Sending Testcases Electronically.
More support for:
Operating system(s): AIX
Reference #: ools107ae2ac
Modified date: 15 May 2018
Translate this page: