SupportPac CA0C provides sample patterns for IBM Mixed Language Application Modernization Pattern V1.0
IBM Mixed Language Application Modernization Pattern V1.0 provides the following features:
- Extends the capability of WebSphere eXtended Transaction Runtime for usage within the context of IBM PureApplication Systems and IBM Workload Deployer.
- Enables extension and reuse of existing time-tested application components written in COBOL and C within a modern Java™ Platform Enterprise Edition (Java EE)-centric framework that is cloud-ready.
- Facilitates dynamic scaling of mixed language applications in a cloud environment.
- Allows readily available Java skills to be used to extend existing COBOL and C enterprise application.
- Reduces the investment required to create modern, cloud-ready, mixed language applications by simplifying the management of integration, provisioning, and scaling complexity.
- Enables deployment and management of Oracle Tuxedo and IBM CICS applications for delivery through a cloud environment.
- Provides fully automated management of mixed language application as a single unit.
- Provides a significant reduction in time taken to deploy and test mixed language applications in a cloud environment.
- Provides a virtual application pattern compatible with IBM PureApplication System and IBM Workload Deployer, including IBM SmartCloud offerings.
This SupportPac provides sample patterns for IBM Mixed Language Application Modernization Pattern V1.0. The sample pattern demonstrates how a sample COBOL and C application can be extended and modernized in a cloud environment using IBM Mixed Language Application Modernization Pattern V1.0.
Samples for use with IBM Mixed Language Application Modernization Pattern.
Skill level required
Basic IBM Workload Deployer and IBM PureAS pattern deployment skills, and Intermediate COBOL, C, and Java EE application programming skills.
Authors: Sijo Kurian, TXSeries Development, IBM India Software Laboratory.
Current Version: 1.0
To download the SupportPac:
- Click on the FTP link below and save the compressed file to your local machine.
- Extract the saved file to a temporary directory on your target machine. This will create the necessary installation files.
- Follow the instructions in the included documentation to complete installation of this SupportPac.
|CA0C (ReadMe)||US English||3181|
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|CA0C.zip||28 Mar 2013||US English||332114||HTTP|
SupportPacs in this category are available at no charge to all licensed users of the TXSeries family products on the platforms specified in the SupportPac description. These SupportPacs are provided "AS-IS" (under the terms and conditions of the IBM International License Agreement for Non-Warranted Programs and of the associated License Information and other documentation). The terms and conditions of this license DO NOT provide for any entitlement to defect correction.
To determine if you want to use this SupportPac, read the accompanying license file.
Other SupportPacs are available
To view the complete portfolio of SupportPacs for CICS and TXSeries, go to the CICS SupportPacs Home Page
CICS TG CTG CICS Transaction Gateway