CB01: TXSeries Events SDK for WebSphere Business Events
SupportPac CB01 enables events to be emitted from IBM TXSeries for Multiplatforms in a format suitable for consumption by IBM WebSphere Business Events.
This TXSeries Events software development kit (SDK) for IBM WebSphere Business Events SupportPac enables IBM TXSeries to be a source of events to WebSphere Business Events (WBE), and to participate in event processing solutions, such as identifying patterns between events from TXSeries and from other sources.
To use SupportPac CB01, you must make a small change to your existing TXSeries application code, and insert the new code at the point in the application processing where the event is known to have occurred, and should therefore be emitted. The program code supplied by the SupportPac is started through EXEC CICS LINK, that passes event details in a channel. This SupportPac formats the event information into Extensible Markup Language (XML) conforming to the WebSphere Business Events format, and emits the event to WebSphere Business Events through WebSphere MQ or HTTP (REST) transport. WebSphere Business Events can then be used to include the event in interaction blocks and to carry out correlation and pattern matching.
This SupportPac provides a taster of how TXSeries can be used to emit events. It enables you to identify the places in processing within TXSeries applications where significant business events occur, and to see how the power of WebSphere Business Events can be harnessed to carry out correlation and pattern matching on these events.
Examples of situations where the SupportPac can be used include:
- Gaining visibility into TXSeries processing by displaying the events on a dashboard, such as the dashboard provided by WebSphere Business Events, or using WebSphere Business Monitor.
- Identifying potential compliance issues by detecting suspicious patterns of events; for example, an order for a new credit card placed shortly after a change of address request.
- Responding quickly to business opportunities by defining interaction sets in WebSphere Business Events, that react to promising events; for example, activating a new offer when a customer places two orders within a week.
Skill level required
Intermediate skills for TXSeries and for application programming.
Authors: Sijo Kurian et al, TXSeries Development, IBM India Software Lab, Bangalore, India.
Current Version: 1.0
This SupportPac requires:
- IBM TXSeries for Multiplatforms, V22.214.171.124 (5724-B44)
- WebSphere Business Events V7
To download the SupportPac:
1. Click on the FTP link below and save the compressed file to your local machine.
2. Extract the saved file to a temporary directory on your target machine. This will create the necessary installation files.
3. Follow the instructions in the included documentation to complete installation of this SupportPac.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|CB01 (AIX)||15/06/2010||US English||86457083||HTTP|
|CB01 (HP Integrity)||15/06/2010||US English||123639194||HTTP|
|CB01 (HP PA-RISC)||15/06/2010||US English||95269815||HTTP|
|CB01 (Solaris)||15/06/2010||US English||97759737||HTTP|
|CB01 (Windows)||15/06/2010||US English||60933853||HTTP|
SupportPacs in this category are available at no charge to all licensed users of the CICS family products on the platforms specified in the SupportPac description. They are supplied under the standard terms and conditions of the IBM International Program License Agreement (IPLA) and of the associated License Information and other documentation, and provide a defect correction entitlement for those licensed users entitled to service for CICS family products. Service is available for this SupportPac for as long as the CICS product with which the SupportPac is to be used is generally supported by IBM. In addition, IBM reserves the right to discontinue service on this SupportPac when it is withdrawn from marketing by IBM.
Please read the license file that accompanies the SupportPac, to determine if you want to use it.
Other CICS SupportPacs
To view the complete portfolio of CICS SupportPacs, go to the CICS SupportPacs Home Page