SupportPac CA1T provides sample CICS request exits to be used with IBM CICS Transaction Gateway (CICS TG), to create high availability and request validation rules
SupportPac CA1T provides sample exits to enable a high availability infrastructure to be created quickly, using rules defined in a simple text based configuration file. On z/OS, a highly available Gateway group can be sysplex-wide, presenting a single entry point to external applications, backed by multiple Gateway daemons and CICS regions acting as together. These rules define a set of policies to validate and workload balance External Call Interface (ECI) requests across defined CICS servers, providing increased availability to CICS applications accessed from remote clients using the facilities of the CICS TG.
Version 1 of this SupportPac provides a set of sample CICS request exits to be used with the CICS Transaction Gateway for z/OS V7.2. Three different CICS request exit implementations are provided to perform either round-robin or failover-based workload balancing, or alternatively perform request validation. Only one CICS request exit can be deployed at any one time, and each exit must be configured using an HFS configuration file as described in the supplied documentation.
Version 3 of this SupportPac provides a combined validation and workload balancing infrastructure to be used with:
- CICS Transaction Gateway for z/OS V8.0, or later
- CICS Transaction Gateway for Multiplatforms V8.1, or later
- CICS Transaction Gateway Desktop Edition V8.1, or later
Note: Version 3 of this SupportPac supersedes Version 2, but remains fully compatible. The same configuration file from CA1T V2.x can be used with CA1T V3.x.
Configuration is based on a flexible set of rules defined in a configuration file. On z/OS, the configuration file can reside either on HFS or in an MVS dataset. Rules for workload balancing can be generic per Gateway, based on server aliases, or on the payload type (for example, channel or commarea). Rules for request validation can be specified based on user IDs, transaction IDs, or program names, and operate as either a white list (INCLUSIVE) or black list (EXCLUSIVE). All rules can be dynamically updated while the Gateway daemon is running. A configurable retry interval is provided to improve the efficiency of request distribution when using workload balancing.
New in version 1.1:
- Comment lines in configuration file
- Version number at start-up
New in version 2.0:
- CICS TG for z/OS V8 support
- Retry intervals
- MVS configuration files
- Command support
- Integrated request validation and high availability policies
- Prevent request validation for XA call types
- Calltype in log messages
New in version 2.1:
- Failover using two configuration files
- SWAP command
- Improved logging performance
New in version 3.0:
- EXCLUSIVE validation mode that allows ECI requests to be rejected based on user ID, transaction ID, or program name
- Support for CICS TG for Multiplatforms V8.1, or later
- Support for CICS TG Desktop Edition V8.1, or later
Creation of CICS Transaction Gateway high availability configurations or request validation policies.
Skill level required
System administrator with understanding of the configuration of the CICS Transaction Gateway.
Authors: Andrew Smithson, Phil Wakelin, and Rob Jones. CICS TG Development, Hursley
Last updated: 14Mar13
Current Version: 3.0
This SupportPac requires:
To download the SupportPac:
- Click on the FTP link below for the relevant version of the SupportPac and save the compressed file to your local machine.
- Extract the saved file to a temporary directory on your local machine. This will create the necessary installation, documentation, and license files.
- Follow the instructions in the included documentation to complete installation of this SupportPac on your host system.
|CA1T V1.1 ReadMe PDF||US English||30499|
|CA1T V3.0 ReadMe PDF||US English||113844|
Two versions of this SupportPac are available:
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|CA1T V1.1||21 May 2010||US English||129304||HTTP|
|CA1T V3.0||14 Mar 2013||US English||326664||HTTP|
SupportPacs in this category are available at no charge to all licensed users of the CICS family products on the platforms specified in the SupportPac description. These SupportPacs are provided "AS-IS" (under the terms and conditions of the IBM International License Agreement for Non-Warranted Programs and of the associated License Information and other documentation). The terms and conditions of this license DO NOT provide for any entitlement to defect correction.
To determine if you want to use this SupportPac, read the accompanying license file.
Other CICS SupportPacs
To view the complete portfolio of CICS SupportPacs, go to the CICS SupportPacs Home Page
CTG CICS TG CICS Transaction Gateway
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.