Cumulative Hotfix for Sametime Proxy 188.8.131.52 [April 2016]
A cumulative hotfix for Sametime Proxy 184.108.40.206 is available.
Please note that this hofix is now superseded by Sametime 9.0.1 proxy build, available via passport advantage. We recommend using the 9.0.1 Sametime Proxy build.
Resolving the problem
Installation instructions (for upgrade ONLY):
Prerequisite: The Sametime System Console must be at the latest version posted on Fix Central. Please upgrade the Sametime System Console before you upgrade the Sametime Proxy to this build. If you do not, you will see a failure message during the fix install noting an incorrect version level.
Fix Central fix for Sametime System Console: Sametime System Console hotfix - April 2016
To install this fix on a Sametime Proxy Server node, follow these steps:
1. Download the fix 9001-ST-Proxy-FP-WLIN-A8ZJ5B from Fix Central here -> Sametime Proxy hotfix - April 2016.
2. Copy the file you downloaded (SametimeProxyServer.zip) onto the Sametime Proxy Server.
3. Unzip the file on the server file system.
4. Apply the fix by running the appropriate steps below on the Sametime Proxy Server:
- Launch the Installation Manager
- Select File -> Preferences
- Disable the automatic web update search to allow the installation to run successfully.
Clear Search service repositories during installation and updates and click OK.
- Choose Add Repository
- In the Browse field, enter location of the repository.config file unzipped earlier
- Select OK
- In the main Installation Manager window, choose Update
- Select the IBM Sametime Server Platform package group
- Enter the WebSphere wasadmin user credentials for the Sametime Proxy Server and then click Validate
- Enter the Sametime System Console server details, and WebSphere wasadmin credentials
5. Follow the instructions on the screen until the installation completes.
NOTE: If you are running a multi-node (cluster) configuration, repeat these instructions on each node.
Change list for this hotfix:
|- server log cleanup
- performance improvements for iNotes integration when scrolling the inbox
- fix for unclickable links in chat transcript when URLs include default ports (e.g. :80 for HTTP, :443 for HTTPS)
- support for integration with iNotes standards mode
- fix for incorrect status message stating that a user had left the chat when converting from 1-to-1 to group chat
- fix for a literal typed '\n' being converted to a line break in chat transcript and hard link breaks (shift + enter) being removed
- improved support for iOS clients
- UI improvements
- add ability to disable mobile push notifications in the server configuration
- improvements to management of log files on the server
- security fixes
- fix for the Auto Away browser extension when user manually sets status to Away before locking screen
- add drag and drop support in the contact list to move a contact from one group to another
If the meeting panel appears after applying this fix, it indicates that the Sametime Proxy server is configured for Meetings integration. You can hide it by removing the Meetings configuration (from the stproxyconfig.xml or via the Sametime Proxy section of the SSC).
Also, the drag and drop functionality in the contact list (to move a contact from one group to another) is disabled by default and can be enabled via a flag in the stproxyconfig.xml.
More support for:
Sametime Proxy Server and Web Client
Software version: 220.127.116.11
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Windows
Reference #: 1981666
Modified date: 09 May 2016
Translate this page: