How to move a place from one server to another in Lotus Quickr services for Portal
How can you move a place from one server to another with IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ services for WebSphere® Portal? For example, you have a place on a test environment and would like to move the place into the production environment.
For a detailed walk-through of this procedure with screen captures, refer to the article "Moving IBM Lotus Quickr places between server environments" in the Lotus Quickr wiki.
Beginning with Lotus Quickr 8.1, you can move a place from one server to another. To do so, the following requirements must be in place:
- Both servers must be the exact same version of Lotus Quickr with the same fixes applied.
- Both servers must authenticate with the same LDAP directory and use the same quickr admin user and group.
The steps to move the place from server1 to server2 are as follows:
1. Back up the place on server1. This action creates a folder with the placeID in the <PORTALSERVER_INSTALLATION_DIRECTORY>/backup folder.
2. Copy this entire folder to the <PORTALSERVER_INSTALLATION_DIRECTORY>/backup directory on server2.
3. Finally, restore the place on server2.
NOTE: You must change your filter setting on the Manage Places page of server2 to see archived applications available for restore. To do so,
a) From the Manage Places page on server2, change the "Show:" drop-down from "All Applications" to "Archived Applications"
b) Click "Go".
More support for:
Lotus End of Support Products
Lotus Quickr for WebSphere Portal
Software version: 8.1, 184.108.40.206
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1321157
Modified date: 20 May 2010