Removing encryption from all documents in your mail file
How do you remove encryption from all documents in your Lotus Notes® mail file, including documents with attachments or OLE objects that were encrypted using mail encryption?
You can use the following process to remove encryption from all or selected documents currently in your mail file. If you act on all documents instead of selected documents, the encryption will be removed from the documents that you received, as well as those that you sent and saved.
To remove encryption from all or selected documents:
1. Verify that the property for encrypting saved mail is not enabled (File --> Preferences --> User Preferences --> Mail --> "Encrypt mail that you send").
2. Create an agent or icon (SmartIcons) which executes the @Command([ToolsRefreshAllDocs]), or if preferred, @Command([ToolsRefreshSelectedDocs]).
OTE: If creating an agent, be sure to set the Target property to None (which is required for any agent making use of an @Command).
3. Execute the agent or icon. If you use the @Command([ToolsRefreshSelectedDocs]), select the desired documents first.
NOTE 1: This process modifies all documents in the database and also removes any signatures from the documents.
NOTE 2: The @Command([ToolsRefreshAllDocs]) and @Command([ToolsRefreshSelectedDocs]) will resend mail messages from user mail files if any of the mail messages contain the field, MailOptions, set to the value of 1. This occurs if users are sending mail over the web using Lotus Domino Web Access® (DWA). To prevent this from happening, apply the following agent before refreshing any documents: FIELD MailOptions := 0;
To remove encryption from individual documents without disabling user preferences to encrypt saved mail:
1. In your mail file, select the encrypted message and from the Actions menu, choose Forward --> Delivery Options --> Basics panel --> deselect the Encrypt option --> click OK.
2. Forward the memo to yourself.
In order to programmatically remove all encryption from documents in a non-mail database, refer to Document #1089495, "How to remove encryption from mail documents when converting licenses from North American to International."
In cases where the mail file template or design has been modified and the Body field property, "Store contents as HTML and MIME," is enabled, the execution of either @Command([ToolsRefreshSelectedDocs]) or @Command([ToolsRefreshAllDocs]), will remove any embedded picture images from the document(s). This issue is noted in Document #1230698, "Programmatically converting Rich Text data to MIME format removes images."
More support for:
Software version: 5.0, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 8.0
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1110567
Modified date: 27 September 2007