This document contains system requirements for the WebSphere Broker V6.1 products on z/OS.
|Please read first||
(required for the broker component only)
|Brokers can access Information Integrator data sources, for user data, on WebSphere Information Integrator Classic Federation for z/OS V8.2, providing connectivity with z/OS data sources: IMS, VSAM, ISAM, sequential files, CA-IDMS, CA-Datacom, Software AG ADABAS, and DB2.
Brokers can connect directly to WebSphere Information Integrator Classic Federation for z/OS V8.2 by JDBC only.
Brokers can connect indirectly to WebSphere Information Integrator Classic Federation for z/OS V8.2 though an intermediate DB2 system on z/OS. When using this configuration, only an ODBC CAF connection is supported between the broker and DB2, and therefore this support does not include two-phase-commit.
Please note that all broker ODBC data sources will be either CAF or RRSAF. When CAF is used, database operations are not coordinated by RRS. This includes any updates to the broker database as well as user databases.
|Supported Adapters||For specific enterprise information system (EIS) product versions supported by the v6.1 WebSphere Adapters embedded in WebSphere Message Broker please refer to the software requirements page at: Supported software for IBM WebSphere Adapters and IBM WebSphere Business Integration Adapters
|Rules and Formatter Extension||Please refer to the Rules and Formatter Extension installation readme for a list of supported databases.|
|WebSphere Service Registry and Repository||
- 12 October 2007: Initial release date November.
- 20 November 2007: Changed Operating Systems, WebSphere MQ and Databases information.
- 3 December 2007: Added Supported Adapters section and note 6.
- 10 December 2007: Changed Operating System and Databases sections.
- 7 March 2008: Added Automatic Client Reroute for DB2 is supported.
- 29 May 2008: New format released (WMB 18.104.22.168 information is also included).
- 27 June 2008: Clarified the Java 5 support includes the associated service releases.
- 27 November 2008: General update in support of the WMB 22.214.171.124 release.
- 20 January 2010: Added support for IBM WebSphere MQ for z/OS, V7.0.1.
- 8 May 2012: Added support for WSRR 7.5
WMB WEB WMB with RFE