System Requirements for WebSphere Message Broker V6.0 for z/OS, WebSphere Message Broker with Rules and Formatter Extension V6.0 for z/OS, and WebSphere Event Broker V6.0 for z/OS
System Requirements WebSphere Message Broker z/OS V6.0 requirements requirement requirements requirement requirements requirement requirements requirement requirements requirement 6.0 v6.0 v6 version 6 version 6.0 version6 version6.; SystemRequirementsDocument
This document contains system requirements for the WebSphere Broker V6 products on z/OS.
|JDK||Broker requires either:|
|JDK||Broker requires either:|
- Before installing any new products, ensure that you review their current Preventative Service Planning (PSP) information.
- Brokers can access Information Integrator databases, for user data, on WebSphere Information Integrator Classic Federation for z/OS V8.2, providing direct SQL connectivity with z/OS data sources: IMS, VSAM, ISAM, sequential files, CA-IDMS, CA-Datacom, Software AG ADABAS, and DB2. WebSphere Information Integrator Classic Federation v8.2 is supported when using a CAF connection only, and therefore this support does not include two-phase-commit. Please note that all broker datasources will be either CAF or RRSAF. When CAF is used, database operations are not coordinated by RRS. This includes any updates to the brokers database as well as user databases.
- Where patches for a product are specified, this means that these patches were required to resolve problems found during testing and should therefore be considered as the minimum necessary maintenance level. Further maintenance should be applied in accordance with the guidance of the relevant software manufacturer.
- The Message Broker supports any JMS 1.1 provider. The JRE required is Java 1.4.2, but it is not embedded. Both of these factors need to be considered when selecting a JMS provider whose client will be embedded in Message Broker.
- Automatic Client Reroute for DB2 is supported.
- WebSphere Message Broker V18.104.22.168 or later is required.
- PTF for APAR PM00450 is required.
- 20 December 2005: Added note 3.
- 22 June 2006: Added note 4.
- 7 July 2006: Added "The following products or equivalents are supported at the specified minimum levels:"
- 1 November 2006: Corrected note 4 - The JRE required is Java 1.4.2 but it is not embedded.
- 18 May 2007: Added "Program Directory" and "or later release of WMQ and DB2" notes.
- 21 December 2007: Updated IBM DB2 Universal Database (5625-DB2) V8.1, at RSU0609 or later, plus FMID JDB8817 (ODBC support), plus PTFs for APAR PQ 84976 and PK37248 statement.
- 25 February 2008: Added Automatic Client Reroute for DB2 is supported.
- 30 June 2009: Added support for 31-bit SDK for z/OS, Java 2 Technology Edition.
- 15 July 2009: Added support for IBM WebSphere MQ for z/OS, V7.0.
- 20 January 2010: Added support for IBM WebSphere MQ for z/OS, V7.0.1.
|Business Integration||WebSphere Event Broker||Documentation||z/OS||6.0|
|Business Integration||WebSphere Message Broker with Rules and Formatter Extension||Workbench - General||z/OS||6.0|
WMB WEB WMB with RFE
Translate this page: