This document contains system requirements for WebSphere Broker V6 products on the Solaris SPARC platform.
The System Requirements documented on this page are for the Solaris SPARC platform. If you require support information about Solaris x86-64 platform refer to the Solaris x86-64 platform System Requirements.
- Globally coordinated transaction support (‘XA’) is provided only with DB2 and Oracle 10g Releases 1 and 2 (i.e. Oracle 11g Release 1 is excluded).
- Globally coordinated transaction support (‘XA’) with 64-bit Execution Groups is available only with DB2 and Oracle (Broker V22.214.171.124 or later).
- IBM DB2 Database Server - iSeries support:
- Brokers can access DB2 Databases, for user data, on iSeries servers running OS/400 V5R2 or V5R3. This can be done using either DB2 Connect (on UNIX and Windows) or, on Windows platforms only, iSeries Access for Windows.
- This support is subject to the following restrictions:
- The broker database may not reside on the iSeries server.
- Globally coordinated ('XA') transactions are not supported.
- Database stored procedures on the iSeries server may be called, when using DB2 Connect, but not with iSeries Access for Windows.
- Message flows containing New Era of Networks nodes may not access iSeries databases.
- IBM DB2 Database Server - zSeries support:
- Brokers can access DB2 Databases, for user data, on zSeries servers running z/OS with IBM DB2 Universal Database V7.1 (5675-DB2) at RSU0409 and PUT0402 or later or IBM DB2 Universal Database V8.1 (5625-DB2). This can be done using DB2 Connect on UNIX and Windows.
- This support is subject to the following restrictions:
- The broker database may not reside on the zSeries server.
- Large database Objects (LOBs) are supported; this support requires DB2 Universal Database for z/OS 7.1, at RSU0409 or later.
- Message flows containing New Era of Networks nodes may not access zSeries databases.
- Brokers can access Information Integrator databases, for user data, on WebSphere Information Integrator for Linux, UNIX, and Windows V8.2.
- Brokers can access Information Integrator data sources for user data on WebSphere Information Integrator Classic Federation for z/OS where the WebSphere Information Integrator Classic Federation client code is provided for the Message Broker platform..
- The specified WebSphere MQ level is the minimum level however certain functionality will require a higher level:
- JMS Real-time support requires WebSphere MQ V5.3 Fix Pack 10.
- Support for JMS MQ Optimized node requires WebSphere MQ V5.3 Fix Pack 10.
- JMS Real-time Multicast PGM support – requires WebSphere MQ V126.96.36.199
- Support for JMS MQ Optimized node requires WebSphere MQ V5.3 Fix Pack 10
- Support for 64-bit Execution Groups requires WebSphere MQ V6.0
- Support for JMS SSL requires WebSphere MQ V5.3 Fix Pack 11
- Rational Agent Controller V188.8.131.52 or V6.0.1 is required to support Broker v6 debugging. If you are also debugging v5 brokers on a v6 system, you must use RAC 184.108.40.206.
- Where patches for a product are specified, this means that these patches were required to resolve problems found during testing and should therefore be considered as the minimum necessary maintenance level. Further maintenance should be applied in accordance with the guidance of the relevant software manufacturer.
- The Message Broker supports any JMS 1.1 provider. The embedded JRE is Java 1.4.2. Both of these factors need to be considered when selecting a JMS provider whose client will be embedded in Message Broker.
- Oracle Database Server requires the Oracle Runtime Client.
- WebSphere MQ v5.3 End of Support Date is 28th September, 2007. Customers should upgrade to WebSphere MQ v6.0.
- Only the connect-time failover feature of Oracle RAC in non-XA environments is supported.
- Automatic Client Reroute for DB2 is supported.
- Defect support is available for virtualization environments where they relate to releases of this platform already supported by WebSphere Message Broker. Unless stated elsewhere in the system requirements, WebSphere Message Broker has not been specifically tested in virtualization environments. WebSphere Message Broker Support is therefore unable to assist in issues related to configuration and setup, or issues that are directly related to the virtualization environment itself.
- Solaris Zones support information.
- Fix Pack UC4X8 is available on request from Informix Support.
- WebSphere Message Broker V220.127.116.11 or later is required.
- DataDirect V5.3 ODBC Drivers are required.
- 20 December 2005: Added note 6.
- 9 January 2006: Minor clarification.
- 31 March 2006: Added support for Informix Dynamic Server V9.40, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and Solaris 10. Added additional notes.
- 24 April 2006: Clarified that we support Oracle 10g Release 1.
- 22 June 2006: Added note 8.
- 7 July 2006: Amended note 3 to include "or IBM DB2 Universal Database V8.1 (5625-DB2)."
- 15 August 2006: Added ".3" to Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) V12.5.3 (non-XA only).
- 6 September 2006: Added Oracle 10G Release 2 support.
- 22 September 2006: Amended note 1 and added note 2 accordingly.
- 24 October 2006: Added Oracle to note 2.
- 25 January 2007: Added 10 "Oracle Database Server requires the Oracle Runtime Client."
- 7 February 2007: Added support for IBM DB2 Universal Database V9.1 (JDBC/XA not supported).
- 25 May 2007: Removed (JDBC/XA not supported) [see note 11] and removed note 11.
- 21 September 2007: Added note 6.
- 6 November 2007: Added notes 12 and 13.
- 10 March 2008: Added Automatic Client Reroute for DB2 is supported.
- 10 March 2008: Added virtualization note.
- 20 May 2008: Added or later Fix Packs in WebSphere MQ.
- 1 July 2008: Replaced note 13.
- 23 September 2008: Added Solaris Zones support information.
- 17 December 2008: Amended Informix Client SDK V2.90 Fix Pack to UC4X8.
- 10 July 2009: Added support for DB2 9.5.
- 15 July 2009: Added support for IBM WebSphere MQ for Sun Solaris V7.0 and Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- 10 August 2009: Added support for Oracle 11g Release 1.
- 3 September 2009: Added support for Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) V15.0.
- 20 January 2010: Added support for IBM WebSphere MQ for Solaris, V7.0.1.
|Business Integration||WebSphere Event Broker||Documentation||Solaris||6.0|
|Business Integration||WebSphere Message Broker with Rules and Formatter Extension||Workbench - General||Solaris||6.0|
WMB WEB WMB with RFE