This document contains system requirements for the WebSphere Broker V6 products on AIX.
- Globally coordinated transaction support (‘XA’) is provided only with DB2 and Oracle 10g Releases 1 and 2 (i.e. Oracle 11g Release 1 is excluded).
- Globally coordinated transaction support (‘XA’) with 64-bit Execution Groups is available only with DB2 and Oracle (Broker V184.108.40.206 or later).
- IBM DB2 Database Server - iSeries support:
- Brokers can access DB2 Databases, for user data, on iSeries servers running OS/400 V5R2 or V5R3. This can be done using either DB2 Connect (on UNIX and Windows) or, on Windows platforms only, iSeries Access for Windows.
- This support is subject to the following restrictions:
- The broker database may not reside on the iSeries server.
- Globally coordinated ('XA') transactions are not supported.
- Database stored procedures on the iSeries server may be called, when using DB2 Connect, but not with iSeries Access for Windows.
- Message flows containing New Era of Networks nodes may not access iSeries databases.
- IBM DB2 Database Server - zSeries support:
- Brokers can access DB2 Databases, for user data, on zSeries servers running z/OS with IBM DB2 Universal Database V7.1 (5675-DB2) at RSU0409 and PUT0402 or later or IBM DB2 Universal Database V8.1 (5625-DB2). This can be done using DB2 Connect on UNIX and Windows.
- This support is subject to the following restrictions:
- The broker database may not reside on the zSeries server.
- Large database Objects (LOBs) are supported; this support requires DB2 Universal Database for z/OS 7.1, at RSU0409 or later.
- Message flows containing New Era of Networks nodes may not access zSeries databases.
- Brokers can access Information Integrator databases, for user data, on WebSphere Information Integrator for Linux, UNIX, and Windows V8.2.
- Brokers can access Information Integrator data sources for user data on WebSphere Information Integrator Classic Federation for z/OS where the WebSphere Information Integrator Classic Federation client code is provided for the Message Broker platform.
- The specified WebSphere MQ level is the minimum level however certain functionality will require a higher level:
- JMS Real-time support requires WebSphere MQ V5.3 Fix Pack 10.
- Support for JMS MQ Optimized node requires WebSphere MQ V5.3 Fix Pack 10.
- JMS Real-time Multicast PGM support – requires WebSphere MQ V220.127.116.11
- Support for JMS MQ Optimized node requires WebSphere MQ V5.3 Fix Pack 10
- Support for 64-bit Execution Groups requires WebSphere MQ V6.0
- Support for JMS SSL requires WebSphere MQ V5.3 Fix Pack 11
- Rational Agent Controller V18.104.22.168 or V6.0.1 is required to support Broker v6 debugging. If you are also debugging v5 brokers on a v6 system, you must use RAC 22.214.171.124.
- Where patches for a product are specified, this means that these patches were required to resolve problems found during testing and should therefore be considered as the minimum necessary maintenance level. Further maintenance should be applied in accordance with the guidance of the relevant software manufacturer.
- The Message Broker supports any JMS 1.1 provider. The embedded JRE is Java 1.4.2. Both of these factors need to be considered when selecting a JMS provider whose client will be embedded in Message Broker.
- Oracle Database Server requires the Oracle Runtime Client.
- WebSphere MQ v5.3 End of Support Date is 28th September, 2007. Customers should upgrade to WebSphere MQ v6.0.
- Only the connect-time failover feature of Oracle RAC in non-XA environments is supported.
- Automatic Client Reroute for DB2 is supported.
- Defect support is available for virtualization environments where they relate to releases of this platform already supported by WebSphere Message Broker. Unless stated elsewhere in the system requirements, WebSphere Message Broker has not been specifically tested in virtualization environments. WebSphere Message Broker Support is therefore unable to assist in issues related to configuration and setup, or issues that are directly related to the virtualization environment itself.
- WebSphere Message Broker V126.96.36.199 or later is required.
- If you are using xlC/xlC++ runtime libraries at V9 the minimum supported level is V188.8.131.52.
- Informix support only for user databases. Large objects (LOBs) and stored procedures are not supported.
- WebSphere Message Broker V184.108.40.206 is the minimum supported product level; APAR IC57602 must also be applied.
- WebSphere Message Broker V220.127.116.11 or later is required.
- DataDirect V5.3 ODBC drivers are required.
- 20 December 2005: Added note 6.
- 9 January 2006: Minor clarification.
- 31 March 2006: Added support for Informix Dynamic Server V9.40 and Microsoft SQL Server 2000. Added additional notes.
- 12 April 2006: Added support for DB2 8.1.
- 24 April 2006: Clarified that we support Oracle 10g Release 1.
- 22 June 2006: Added note 8.
- 7 July 2006: Amended note 3 to include "or IBM DB2 Universal Database V8.1 (5625-DB2)."
- 6 September 2006: Added Oracle 10G Release 2 support.
- 19 September 2006: Amended note 1 and created note 2 accordingly.
- 24 October 2006: Added Oracle to note 2.
- 25 January 2007: Added note 10 "Oracle Database Server requires the Oracle Runtime Client."
- 7 February 2007: Added support for IBM DB2 Universal Database V9.1 (JDBC/XA not supported).
- 25 May 2007: Removed (JDBC/XA not supported) [see note 11] and removed note 11.
- 12 July 2007: Amended databases to IBM DB2 V9.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
- 21 September 2007: Added note 6.
- 6 November 2007: Added notes 12 and 13.
- 25 February 2008: Automatic Client Reroute for DB2 is supported.
- 29 February 2008: Revamped hardware section.
- 10 March 2008: Added virtualization note.
- 20 April 2008: Added support for AIX 6.1.
- 21 April 2008: Added note 17.
- 20 May 2008: Added Fix Packs in WebSphere MQ.
- 1 July 2008: Replaced note 13.
- 18 September 2008: Added support Informix Dynamic Server V10.00.
- 9 July 2009: Added support for IBM DB2 V9.5.
- 15 July 2009: Added support for IBM WebSphere MQ for AIX, V7.0 and Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- 10 August 2009: Added support for Oracle 11g Release 1.
- 3 September 2009: Added support for Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) V15.0.
- 20 January 2010: Added support for IBM WebSphere MQ for AIX, V7.0.1.
|Business Integration||WebSphere Message Broker with Rules and Formatter Extension||Workbench - General||AIX||6.0|
|Business Integration||WebSphere Event Broker||Documentation||AIX||6.0|
WMB WEB WMB with RFE