IMS Enterprise Suite Version 2.1 SOAP Gateway: Enabling an IMS application as a web service provider with or without WS-Security (SAML 1.1 unsigned security tokens)
This end-to-end sample demonstrates the steps to enable an IMS™ application as a web service. You can choose the path to follow, either without WS-Security, or with Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 1.1 unsigned sender-vouches tokens. This sample also demonstrates how to create a client application that sends messages through secure HTTPS communications to the IMS Phonebook web service that is deployed on the SOAP Gateway server.
When WS-Security is enabled, user authentication is performed on a per-message basis. When WS-Security is disabled, user authentication is performed on a per-web service basis.
This sample walks you through the steps to enable an IMS application as a web service by using the IMS Phonebook sample application (IVTNO), with both scenarios where WS-Security is enabled and disabled. This sample will demonstrate the use of SAML 1.1 unsigned security tokens. This sample also shows you how to use a client application to access the web service that is deployed on the SOAP Gateway server.
This sample demonstrates the following major tasks:
- Generating the web service artifacts by using IBM® Rational® Developer for System z®
- Deploying the web service artifacts to SOAP Gateway
- Enabling client authentication over HTTPS communication
- Modifying and testing the provided sample Java™ client application to access the web service
- IMS Enterprise Suite Version 2.1 SOAP Gateway
- IMS Version 11 or later with integrated IMS Connect
- The IMS Phonebook sample files (included in attached zip file)
- Optional: Rational Developer for System z Version 8.0.2 or later
Contents in the attached sample zip file
The zip file provided for this sample includes the COBOL copybook for the Phonebook sample application to be enabled as a web service. The zip file also includes the generated files from Rational Developer for System z for your reference in case you do not have access to Rational Developer for System z Version 8.0.2 or later.
|Phonebook copybook and files that are generated by Rational Developer for System z|
|IMSPHBK.cpy||The IMS Phonebook application copybook|
|IMSPHBK.wsdl||The WSDL file|
|IMSPHBK.xml||The correlator file|
|IMSPHBKD.cbl||The XML converters file|
|Sample Java application|
|IMSPHBKClient_SAML.java||Sample Java application that uses the client proxy Java code generated by the IMS Enterprise Suite SOAP Gateway management utility.|
Translate this page: