This fix resolves the following problem reported for IBM® WebSphere® Portal (WP) in APAR# PK38907.
WebSphere Application Server version 220.127.116.11 introduced changes to the scoping behavior of the application server. Portal scripts previously looked at the server scope for certain resources. This results in failures during WPSconfig cluster-setup for both the primary and the secondary node.
Clustering jacl files have been modified to make a more directed search for resources.
Note this interim fix needs to be applied PRIOR to running WPSconfig cluster-setup.
This fix applies to all platforms.
Portal Version(s): 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124
NOTE: YOU MUST FIRST DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE INSTALLER TOOL IN ORDER TO INSTALL A FIX.
The WebSphere Portal Update Installer (PUI) can be downloaded from the following page:
*Reminder: the version of Portal Update Installer to use varies based on the version of WebSphere Portal. Ensure the correct version is in use.*
1. Create a temporary "fix" directory to store the jar file.
2. Copy the jar file to this directory.
3. Shut down WebSphere Portal.
4. Follow the fix installation instructions that are packaged with the Portal Update Installer on how to install the fix.
5. Restart WebSphere Portal.
6. The temporary directory can be removed.
NOTE: FIXES MUST BE REMOVED IN THE ORDER THEY WERE APPLIED. DO NOT REMOVE A FIX UNLESS ALL FIXES APPLIED AFTER IT HAVE FIRST BEEN REMOVED. YOU MAY REAPPLY ANY REMOVED FIX.
-Example: If your system has fix1, fix2, and fix3 applied in that order and fix2 is to be removed, fix3 must be removed first, fix2 removed, and fix3 re-applied.
1. Shut down WebSphere Portal.
2. Follow the instructions that are packaged with the Portal Update Installer on how to uninstall the fix.
3. Restart WebSphere Portal.
|WebSphere Portal Update Installer README||English||238001|
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
Problems (APARS) fixed
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.