Release Notes for Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Applications, version 8.5
This document supplies the release notes for IBM® Tivoli® Workload Scheduler for Applications, version 8.5.
These Release Notes contain the following topics:
- To download the appropriate package for your operating system, see the Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Applications download page.
- For information about the system requirements for all operating systems, see the Detailed System Requirements page.
- To access the Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Applications documentation, see the online Information Center.
This section describes the new features of Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Applications, version 8.5.
- Enhanced installation launchpad
The installation launchpad is available for installing any or all of the following on both UNIX and Windows systems:
- One or more access methods to interact with Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, SAP R/3, and z/OS.
- All the Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Applications language packs.
- The Option Editor, a graphical tool to help you configure your environment.
When you install or upgrade Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Applications, the installation program lists all the Tivoli Workload Automation instances found on your workstation. By selecting the instance path where you want to make the installation or upgrade, you are shown the action you can perform.
- SAP Solution Manager Ready certification
Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Applications is SAP Solution Manager Ready certified. After installing the SAP R/3 access method, you can register it in your SAP System Landscape Directory (SLD). For detailed information about how to register your installation in the SAP System Landscape Directory, refer to
the User's Guide.
- Improved scheduling efficiency through the job throttling feature
With the job throttling feature, you can improve the efficiency of your scheduling on SAP systems and reduce the batch window for your SAP jobs to a minimum. Using functions such as the job interception and parent-child, the job throttler ensures that the SAP system is not overloaded and the number of released jobs does not exceed the total number of SAP background work processes in the system.
You can also configure the job throttler to send data related to its activity to the SAP Computing Center Monitoring System (CCMS) for monitoring purposes.
- Definition of event rules based on CCMS alerts
You can now integrate the SAP Computing Center Monitoring System (CCMS) monitoring functions into your management infrastructure by defining event rules based on the alerts raised in the SAP system.
This section shows the interoperability between Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Applications and other products or components. The following acronyms are used:
|MDM||Tivoli Workload Scheduler master domain manager|
|DM||Tivoli Workload Scheduler domain manager|
|FTA||Tivoli Workload Scheduler fault-tolerant agent|
|JSC||Job Scheduling Console|
|TDWC||Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console|
|TWS for Apps||Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Applications|
Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Applications, version 8.5: compatibility
8.5, 8.4, 8.3, 8.2.1, 8.2.0
8.4, 8.3, 8.2.1
8.5, 8.4, 8.3, 8.2
| TWS for Apps
8.5, 8.4, 8.3, 8.2.1, 8.2.0
Fix packs released for this version of the product
To find the fix packs released for Tivoli Workload Scheduler, the Dynamic Workload Console and the Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Applications, including links to the related readmes files, see the Fixes by version.
Software limitations and workaroundsThe following are software problems and workarounds that affect Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Applications version 8.5.
- When restarting a process chain, the processes are not ordered (Defect 49742)
With Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console V8.4 and 8.5, after you rerun a process chain job, either from a failed or a completed process, the processes might be shown in incorrect sequence. In detail, the step that was rerun might be listed in the tree before the step that had been run previously.
As a workaround, from the panel displaying the process chain details click Refresh.
- Displaying process chain details is not performed with Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console, version 8.5 (Defect 49572)
With Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console V8.5, the hyperlink named SAP Process Chain shown in the Job Type column does not work. Error message AWSUI0902E is displayed.
- Date in bad format for some SAP variant fields (Defect 49232)
When you edit or view a variant, the date in the Variant Values field is displayed in incorrect format and, in view mode only, the Browse button is not available.
This change history applies to this document and the Tech Notes documents to which it links.
- 24 June 2009: Original publication date.
© Copyright International Business Machines Corporation 1991, 2009. All rights reserved. US Government Users Restricted Rights – Use, duplication or disclosure restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.
More support for:
Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Applications
Software version: 8.5
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Reference #: 7015473
Modified date: 23 June 2009
Translate this page: