IBM TS4500 Tape Library Configuration Information for IBM Spectrum Protect Server (formerly TSM)
Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for IBM TS4500
Beginning with Version 7.1.3, IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager is now IBM Spectrum Protect™. Some applications such as the software fulfillment systems and IBM License Metric Tool use the new product name. However, the software and its product documentation continue to use the Tivoli Storage Manager product name. To learn more about the rebranding transition, see technote 1963634.
- Library capacity
- One base frame, up to 17 expansion frames with maximum of 7 Dx5 frames
- Up to 16 drives per frame (up to 12 in frame 1). Up to 128 drives per library
- Up to 17,550 3592 tape cartridges per library
- Up to 23,170 LTO tape cartridges per library
- Barcodes are supported.
- ELEMent=AUTODetect in the DEFINE/UPDATE DRIVE command is supported.
- PERForm LIBAction is supported.
- IBM TS4500 is available with the following drives:
- Support for Ultrium 7 drives is available with the following IBM Spectrum Protect Server versions:
Version Release 7.1.3 or subsequent maintenance release
- The IBM device driver is required. IBM device drivers are available at IBM Fix Central. Choose the following options from the drop-down menus.
- Product Group -> System Storage
- System Storage -> Tape systems
- Tape systems -> Tape drivers and software
- Tape drivers and software -> Tape device drivers
- Platform -> select the platform for the device driver that you are looking for
- Device identifications and firmware levels used during validation process:
Library ID : IBM 3584-L22 --- Firmware : 1102
Drive ID : IBM 03592E07 --- Firmware : 38A9
(Validated with IBM Spectrum Protect 7.1.4)
Library ID : IBM 3584-L53 --- Firmware : F030
Drive ID : IBM ULT3580-TD7 --- Firmware : F980
- For more information, see IBM TS4500 Tape Library - Overview.
Library and drive may require different minimum TSM levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or " Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Manager
Software version: 6.3.4, 7.1, All Supported Versions
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1676230
Modified date: 24 April 2017
Translate this page: