Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for EMC Data Domain Systems
- EMC Data Domain Systems can be configured and used with Tivoli Storage Manager as a Virtual Tape Library (VTL) or a file server (CIFS or NFS). EMC Data Domain Systems are tested by EMC with Tivoli Storage Manager through the Ready for IBM Tivoli program. See Integrated Service Management Library - EMC Data Domain Systems for more device and support information.
- EMC Data Domain VTLs can emulate various medium changers and tape drives. However, EMC has only reported testing data with Tivoli Storage Manager Server and this VTL with the following emulation modes.
- STK L180 - firmware revision 0306
- IBM TS3500
- IBM ULTRIUM-TD1 - firmware revision 4561
- IBM ULTRIUM-TD2
- IBM ULTRIUM-TD3 - firmware revision 8711
- The IBM device driver is required for IBM ULTRIUM drive emulation. IBM device drivers are available at IBM Fix Central. Choose the following options from the drop-down menus.
- Product Group -> System Storage
- System Storage -> Tape systems
- Tape systems -> Tape drivers and software
- Tape drivers and software -> Tape device drivers
- Platform -> select the platform for the device driver that you are looking for
- See "Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or "Supported Devices for Linux" for more support information including minimum supported Tivoli Storage Manager Server version levels and supported platforms.
- For IBM drive emulation, see System Storage Interoperation Center (SSIC) for supported platforms.
- IC79688 NOT GETTING THE CORRECT ELEMENT NUMBERS FROM LIBRARY INVENTORY AFTER UPGRADE TO LEVEL 5.5.5, 6.1.5, AND 6.2.3
- Technote 7012510 - RELABELSCRATCH parameter supported for DEFINE and UPDATE library commands (for Virtual Tape Libraries)
- Technote 1425849 - General Virtual Tape Library Considerations For Tivoli Storage Manager Servers
- Support for Virtual Tape Libraries in Tivoli Storage Manager Version 6.3
- IBM TSM Backup with EMC Data Domain Deduplication Storage - Best Practices Planning
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the following information centers.
- Version 5.5: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/index.jsp
- Version 6.1: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6/index.jsp
- Version 6.2: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6r2/index.jsp
- Version 6.3: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6r3/index.jsp