Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for NEC T30A and T60A Libraries
Starting Drive Address
Starting Storage Slot Addresses
1. Library capacity
- NEC T30A - 2 drives 30 slots
- NEC T60A - 4 drives 60 slots
2. Barcodes with media identifier suffix Lx are required. Barcode label length must be set to 8. This can be set through Tape Library Remote Manager -> Configure Library -> Physical.
3. Device identifications and firmware levels used during validation
Validated with TSM 6.2.3 and TSM 6.3.0
Library ID : NEC LL-2B01 --- Firmware : 0001
Drive ID : IBM ULTRIUM-HH4 --- Firmware : B5Q1 (FC)
Drive ID : IBM ULTRIUM-HH5 --- Firmware : B5Q1 (FC)
Drive ID : IBM ULTRIUM-HH3 --- Firmware : B5Q1 (SAS)
Drive ID : IBM ULTRIUM-HH4 --- Firmware : B5Q1 (SAS)
Drive ID : IBM ULTRIUM-HH5 --- Firmware : B5Q1 (SAS)
4. ELEMent=AUTODetect in the DEFINE/UPDATE DRIVE command is supported.
5. The libraries are supported with any LTO drives that are supported by Tivoli Storage Manager Server. The library and drive combination must be supported by the hardware vendor.
6. For SAS interface, see Technote 1396706 for information on platforms on which SAS devices are supported.
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or " Supported Devices for Linux" for more support information including minimum supported version levels and supported platforms.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the following information centers.