Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for Tandberg Data DPS1000 Series Virtual Tape Library
Tandberg Data DPS1000 Series Virtual Tape Library
1. Tandberg Data DPS1000 Series is a disk based Virtual Tape Library. The VTL emulates a Tandberg StorageLibrary T40 physical tape library.
2. The following drive emulation are supported.
- HP Ultrium 3-SCSI
3. All models including DPS1100 and DPS1200 are supported.
4. Barcodes are supported.
5. Device identifications and firmware levels used during validation with TSM 6.1.2.
DPS1100 with software version 18.104.22.168
Library ID : TANDBERG StorageLoader --- Firmware : 0363
Drive ID : HP Ultrium 3-SCSI--- Firmware : G39W
6. ELEMent=AUTODetect in the DEFINE/UPDATE DRIVE command is supported.
7. Tandberg Data DPS1000 VTL is an iSCSI appliance. See Technote 1408958 for the platforms on which Tivoli Storage Manager supports iSCSI devices.
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or " Supported Devices for Linux" for more support information including minimum supported version levels and supported platforms.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the following information centers.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.