Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for IBM Virtualization Engine TS7530
IBM TS7530 Virtualization Engine can emulate tape libraries, tape drives, and tape media. IBM Tivoli Storage Manager supports the following emulation mode.
- IBM LTO-2, IBM LTO-3, and IBM LTO-4 drive emulation with IBM TS3500 (IBM 03584L32) library emulation
- IBM TS1120 (3592 Generation 2) drive emulation with IBM TS3500 (03584L22) library emulation
1. The IBM device driver does not return the world-wide-name for the library.
2. Only Fibre Channel connection is supported by Tivoli Storage Manager.
3. Mixed media is not supported. IBM TS1120 drive and IBM LTO drives must not be in the same logical library.
4. ELEMent=AUTODetect in the DEFINE/UPDATE DRIVE command is supported.
5. Tivoli Storage Manager Server does not support Application Managed Encryption on any emulated drives on IBM 7530.
6. Starting element addresses
- Drive - 257
- Storage Slot - 1025
- Changer - 1
- Import/Export - 769
7. Device identification and firmware revision used during validation
Library: IBM 03584L22 --- Firmware: 4.02
Drive: IBM 03592E05 --- Firmware: F26E
Library: IBM 03584L32 --- Firmware: 4.02
Drive: IBM ULT3580-TD4 --- Firmware: 4C17
- The IBM device driver is required for IBM ULTRIUM drive emulation. IBM device drivers are available at IBM Fix Central. Choose the following options from the drop-down menus.
- Product Group -> System Storage
- System Storage -> Tape systems
- Tape systems -> Tape drivers and software
- Tape drivers and software -> Tape device drivers
- Platform -> select the platform for the device driver that you are looking for
- Technote 7012510 - RELABELSCRATCH parameter supported for DEFINE and UPDATE library commands (for Virtual Tape Libraries)
- Technote 1425849 - General Virtual Tape Library Considerations For Tivoli Storage Manager Servers
- Support for Virtual Tape Libraries in Tivoli Storage Manager Version 6.3
- See "Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or "Supported Devices for Linux" for more support information including minimum supported Tivoli Storage Manager Server version levels and supported platforms.
- For IBM drive emulation, see System Storage Interoperation Center (SSIC) for supported platforms.
- See "Server Requirements" for supported OS levels for each IBM Tivoli Storage Manager release.
- More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the following information centers.
- Version 5.5: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/index.jsp
- Version 6.1: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6/index.jsp
- Version 6.2: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6r2/index.jsp
- Version 6.3: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6r3/index.jsp