HP StoreOnce D2D Backup System Configuration Information for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server
Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for HP StoreOnce Backup System (previously StorageWorks D2D)
HP StoreOnce D2D Backup System
HP StoreOnce (previously StorageWorks D2D) Backup System is an disk based storage device which emulates one or more stand-alone tape drive or tape autoloader devices. The emulated tape and autoloader devices can be backup targets for Tivoli Storage Manager.
The following models are supported
- D2D100 - iSCSI only
- D2D25xx - iSCSI only
- D2D40xx Series
- StoreOnce 42xx (D2D41xx) Series
- StoreOnce 44xx (D2D43xx) Series
See Technote 1408958 for iSCSI support information.
Information on other members of the HP StoreOnce family VTL's can be found here:
The D2D100 system has been validated with TSM 5.4.2 with Qlogic iSCSI QLA4050C HBA with STOR miniport 32-bit driver (x86) version 18.104.22.168, and with the following emulation mode.
- Library emulation - HP 1x8 G2 AUTOLDR - Firmware : kn77
- Drive emulation - HP Ultrium 2-SCSI - Firmware : kn77
The D2D4004FC system with firmware revision PF86 has been validated with TSM 5.4.4 with the following emulation mode. Any combination of the library and the drive listed below is supported.
- HP 1x8 G2 AUTOLDR with HP Ultrium 4-SCSI
- HP MSL G3 Series with HP Ultrium 3-SCSI
- HP MSL G3 Series with HP Ultrium 2-SCSI
HP StoreOnce (D2D) can also be configured as "HP D2DBS" for medium changer. When the medium changer is "HP D2DBS", TSM version 5.5.2 or later is required. Tape drive emulation type " HP Ultrium VT" is not supported.
HP D2D4004FC system has been validated with TSM 5.5.2 with the following emulation mode.
- Library emulation - HP D2DBS -- Firmware : pf89
- Drive emulation - HP Ultrium 2-SCSI - Firmware : pf89
StoreOnce 4220 (D2D4112)
HP D2D4112 system has been validated with the following firmware revision and emulation mode
- Firmware revision -- 100.394
- Library emulation - HP D2DBS -- Firmware : EL00
- Drive emulation - HP Ultrium 4-SCSI - Firmware : ED40
Validated with TSM 5.5.3
StoreOnce 4210fc (D2D4106fc-G2)
HP D2D4106fc-G2 system has been validated with the following firmware revision and emulation mode
Validated with TSM 5.5.5
- Firmware revision -- 200.488
- Library emulation - HP D2DBS -- Firmware : EL01
- Drive emulation - HP Ultrium 5-SCSI - Firmware : ED51
1. Barcodes are supported.
2. ELEMENT=AUTODETECT in the DEFINE/UPDATE DRIVE command is supported.
3. Because there is no physical entry/exit port, the CHECKIN LIBVOLUME command with SEARCH=BULK and the CHECKOUT LIBVOLUME command with REMOVE=BULK are not supported.
Library and drive may require different minimum TSM levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or " Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide,