Quantum Scalar 50 Library Configuration Information for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server
Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for Quantum Scalar 50
Quantum Scalar 50
Storage Slot Addresses
Entry/Exit Slot Address
1. Library capacity
4 drives 38 slots scalable to 76 slots
2. Barcodes are supported.
3. Device identifications and firmware levels used during validation with TSM 188.8.131.52
Validated with TSM 184.108.40.206
Library ID : QUANTUM SCALAR50 --- Firmware : 0029
Drive ID : QUANTUM ULTRIUM 3 --- Firmware : 2023
Validated with TSM 5.5.3
Library ID : QUANTUM SCALAR50 --- Firmware : V51.0 (SAS interface)
Drive ID : HP Ultrium 4-SCSI --- Firmware : U25Z
4. ELEMent=AUTODetect in the DEFINE/UPDATE DRIVE command is supported.
5. Scalar 50 is supported with the following drives
- HP Ultrium 960 SCSI (firmware G39Z or later with library firmware V41 or later)
- HP Ultrium 960 NFC (firmware L57Z or later with library firmware V41 or later)
- HP Ultrium 1760 SAS (firmware U25Z or later with library firmware V51.0 or later)
- HP Ultrium 1840 SCSI (firmware B21Z or later with library firmware V42 or later)
- HP Ultrium 1840 NFC (firmware H21Z or later with library firmware V42 or later)
- Quantum LTO-3 HH (firmware 2023 or later with library firmware V41 or later)
- Quantum DLT-S4 (firmware V41 or later with library firmware V41 or later)
6. Quantum no longer ships the following drives with Scalar 50.
7. See Technote 1396706 for information on platforms on which SAS devices are supported.
Library and drive may require different minimum TSM levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or " Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center .
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Manager
Software version: All Supported Versions
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1273206
Modified date: 05 January 2010