UDO-2 Drive Configuration Information for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server
Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for IBM UDO-2 and Plasmon UDO-2
1. When defining a device class for a UDO drive, use
- devtype=OPTical | WORM
- format=<DRIVE | 60GB>
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType= OPTical FORMAT= 60GB .....
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType= WORM FORMAT= 60GB .....
60GB - Specifies that TSM writes data that uses the 60GB recording format. This format results in a cartridge capacity of 60GB when using UDO-2 media.
2. 60 GB capacity and 8KB sector size.
3. Use the LABEL LIBVOL command to label the media. The Media Labeling wizard does not support labeling of optical media.
4. The Device Configuration wizard on Windows does not support optical devices.
5. Only WORM media can be used in WORM storage pools, and only RW media can be used in RW storage pools.
6. Device identifications and firmware levels used during validation
Vendor ID: Plasmon
Product ID: UDO2
Firmware Revision : W03 ( validated with TSM 5.4.1), W03a
Firmware Revision : W04A (validated with TSM 5.4.3)
7. Supported media
- UDO-2 RW and WORM media
- UDO-1 RW and WORM media (Read Only)
8. All UDO-2 drives report drive serial numbers.
9. IBM Tivoli Storage Manager does not support mixed generation of UDO-1 and UDO-2 drives in the same logical library.
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or " Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Manager
Software version: All Supported Versions
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1260355
Modified date: 08 June 2009
Translate this page: