Preventive Service Planning
Configuration information for Quantum DLT-V4
1. When defining a device class for a Quantum DLT-V4 drive, use
- format=<DRIVE | DLT4 | DLT4C>
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType= DLT FORMAT= DLT4 .....
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType= DLT FORMAT= DLT4C .....
DLT4 - Specifies that IBM Tivoli Storage Manager writes data that uses the DLT4 recording format. This format results in a cartridge capacity of 160GB when using Quantum DLTtape VS1 media.
DLT4C - Specifies that IBM Tivoli Storage Manager writes data that uses the DLT4 recording format with compression. This format results in a cartridge capacity of 320GB when using Quantum DLTtape VS1 media.
2. Quantum DLT-V4 drive has a data compression ratio of 2:1
3. Device identification and firmware level
Drive ID : QUANTUM DLT-V4
Firmware : 0300
4. Supported media
- DLTtape VS1 data cartridge ( Read/Write )
- DLTtape VS1 data cartridge written by DLT VS160 drive (Read Only)
- DLT IV data cartridge written by DLT VS80/DLT1 drive (Read Only)
5. Quantum DLT-V4 drive reports drive serial number.
Quantum DLT-V4 WORM
1. Quantum DLT-V4 WORM-capable drive can be used as a Read/Write or WORM drive. To use it as a WORM drive, when defining a device class, use WORM=Yes.
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=DLT FORMAT=DRIVE WORM=Yes
2. To use Quantum DLT-V4 WORM-capable drives as a Read/Write drive, when defining a device class, do not specify the WORM parameter, or use WORM=No.
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=DLT FORMAT=DRIVE WORM=No
3. Users are not required to convert RW media to WORM prior to checking in. The TSM server will convert a scratch RW volume to WORM when it needs to mount a scratch WORM volume and there is no scratch WORM volume in the library inventory.
4. When checking in WORM volumes, use checklabel=yes. Otherwise, they will be checked in as RW volumes.
5. Storage pools assigned to the DLT device class have a default reclamation value of 60. To prevent reclamation of WORM media, set the reclamation value to 100.
6. Quantum DLT-V4 WORM-capable drive cannot be defined for use as a WORM drive through the Device Configuration wizard on Windows. The drives will have to be defined through IBM Tivoli Storage Manager commands.
7. Device identification and firmware level used during validation with TSM 5.4.0
Drive ID : QUANTUM DLT-V4
Firmware : 0800
8. RW and WORM media can be in the same library. However, 2 device classes--RW and WORM, must be defined. All drives in the library must be WORM capable if WORM media will be used.
IC52284 LABELING WIZARD DOES NOT WORK ON DLT-S4 AND DLT-V4 DRIVES
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or " Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.