Preventive Service Planning
This document describes configuration information for IBM TS3100/TS3200 (IBM 3573), Imation LR1200/LR1400, Dell PowerVault TL2000/TL4000, and Overland Storage NEO 200s/400s G2 tape libraries.
IBM TS3100 (IBM 3573)
IBM TS3200 (IBM 3573)
Dell PowerVault TL2000
Dell PowerVault TL4000
Overland Storage NEO 200s G2
Overland Storage NEO 400s G2
- Eight character barcodes are required. The last 2 characters must be the media identifier "Lx" where x is the tape cartridge generation. For example, ABC456L5 for an LTO-5 cartridge. Without a proper barcode label, a volume will appear as "unknown media".
- ELEMent=AUTODetect in the DEFINE/UPDATE DRIVE command is supported.
- Library device identification: IBM 3573-TL
- The IBM device driver is required for the libraries, except for Dell TL2000 and TL4000. IBM device drivers are available at IBM Fix Central. Choose the following options from the drop-down menus.
- Product Group -> System Storage
- System Storage -> Tape systems
- Tape systems -> Tape drivers and software
- Tape drivers and software -> Tape device drivers
- Platform -> select the platform for the device driver that you are looking for
- For Dell PowerVault TL2000 and TL4000 on the Windows platform, the Windows device driver is required and can be downloaded from the Dell website.
- Available drives for IBM and Dell libraries
- Available drives for Overland NEO 200s G2 and NEO 400s G2
- For more information, see
- See IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server support for Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) devices for information on SAS support.
- Dell Powervault TL-2000 and TL-4000 with the iSCSI interface is supported on Windows. Control Path Failover (CPF) and Data Path Failover (DPF) are not supported in iSCSI environments.
- IC50287 IBM TS3100 AND TS3200 LIBRARIES ARE NOT RECOGNIZED BY THE DEVICE CONFIGURATION WIZARD OF TSM 5.3.3.X MANAGEMENT CONSOLE.
APAR IC50287 also applies to Dell PowerVault TL2000 and TL4000.
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or " Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.