Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for Exabyte VXA-320 and IBM VXA-320 160/320GB (P/N 25R0045)
IBM VXA-320 160/320GB (P/N 25R0045)
1. When defining a device class for VXA320 drive, use
- format=<DRIVE | VXA2 | VXA2C | VXA3 | VXA3C>
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=8MM FORMAT= VXA3 .....
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=8MM FORMAT= VXA3C .....
VXA3 - Specifies that IBM Tivoli Storage Manager writes data that uses the VXA3 recording format. This format results in a cartridge capacity of 160GB when using VXA X23 media.
VXA3C - Specifies that IBM Tivoli Storage Manager writes data that uses the VXA3C recording format with compression. This format results in a cartridge capacity of 320GB when using VXA X23 media.
2. All VXA320 drives have a data compression ratio of 2:1
3. Device identification and firmware level
Drive ID : Exabyte VXA-3
Firmware : 3106 (validated with TSM 126.96.36.199)
Drive ID : IBM VXA-3
Firmware : 3105 (validated with TSM 188.8.131.52)
4. Supported media
- X23 Media (230 Meter)
5. All VXA-320 drives report drive serial number.
6. Automatic cleaning via the CLEANFREQuency=ASNEEDED option is supported with TSM version 5.4.0 and later.
IC50353 DRIVE CLEANING SUPPORT IN TSM SERVER BASED ON REQUEST SENSE DATA
See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or " Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.