ADIC Pathlight VX Configuration Information for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server
Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for ADIC Pathlight VX, Pathlight VX-450 and Pathlight VX-650
ADIC Pathlight VX
Storage Slot Addresses
Entry/Exit Slot Addresses
1. Maximum numbers of drives and storage slots supported
- In TSM versions prior to 5.2.6 - 80 drives 16000 slots
- In TSM versions 5.2.6 and prior to 5.3.0 - 3840 drives 61439 slots
- In TSM version 5.3.0 and later - maximum numbers of drives and storage slots supported by the libraries.
2. ADIC Pathlight VX does not have capability to import/export cartridges.
3. When a barcode reader is installed, barcodes are supported.
4. Device identifications and firmware levels
ADIC Pathlight VX
Library ID : ADIC Pathlight VX --- Firmware : 010A
Drive ID : IBM ULTRIUM-TD1 --- Firmware : 252D
ADIC Pathlight VX-450 and VX-650
Library ID : ADIC Pathlight VX --- Firmware : 2.1
5. ELEMent=AUTODetect in the DEFINE/UPDATE DRIVE command is supported.
6. ADIC Pathlight VX is available with IBM ULTRIUM-TD1 and IBM ULTRIUM-TD2 drives.
7. The IBM device driver is required for IBM Ultrium drives The IBM device drivers are available at IBM Fix Central. Choose the following options from the drop-down menus.
- Product Group -> System Storage
- System Storage -> Tape systems
- Tape systems -> Tape drivers and software
- Tape drivers and software -> Tape device drivers
- Platform -> select the platform for the device driver that you are looking for
8. ADIC Pathlight VX is not supported on HP-UX and SuSE 8.
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or " Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Manager
Software version: All Supported Versions
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1173395
Modified date: 06 July 2009
Translate this page: