Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for Sony SDZ-100 (SAIT-1 SCSI) and Sony SDZ-130 (SAIT-1 FC)
Sony SDZ-100 (SAIT-1 SCSI)
Sony SDZ-130 (SAIT-1 FC)
1. When defining a device class for Sony SuperAIT drives, use
- format=<DRIVE | SAIT | SAITC>
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=8MM FORMAT=SAIT .....
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=8MM FORMAT=SAITC .....
SAIT - Specifies that TSM writes data that uses the SAIT recording format. This format results in a cartridge capacity of 500GB when using SAIT1-500 media.
SAITC - Specifies that TSM writes data that uses the SAITC recording format with compression. This format results in a cartridge capacity of 1300GB (1.3TB) when using SAIT1-500 media.
2. 500GB native capacity and approximately 1300GB with 2.6:1 compression
3. Device identifications and firmware levels
Drive ID : SONY SDZ-100 (SCSI) --- Firmware : 102
Drive ID : SONY SDZ-130 (FC) --- Firmware : 2.00
4. Supported media
- Sony SAIT1-500
5. SONY SDZ-100 and SDZ-130 drives report drive serial numbers.
6. Automatic cleaning via the CLEANFREQuency=ASNEEDED option is supported with TSM version 5.4.0 and later.
IC50353 DRIVE CLEANING SUPPORT IN TSM SERVER BASED ON REQUEST SENSE DATA
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or " Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.