Overland Storage NEO Series, Overland Storage NEO E-Series, Fujitsu ETERNUS LT130, and IBM 4560SLX Autoloader Configuration Information for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server
Preventive Service Planning
This document describes configuration information for Overland Storage NEO Series, Overland Storage NEO E-Series, Fujitsu ETERNUS LT130, and IBM 4560SLX
- Maximum library capacity is supported
- Barcodes are supported.
- Auto cleaning is supported. One or more slots can be reserved to meet software licensing requirements or for use as a cleaning slot. If one slot is reserved, slot #25 becomes Reserved Slot #1. If 2 slots are reserved, slot #24 becomes Reserved Slot #1 and slot #25 becomes Reserved Slot #2. Additional reserved slots continue in the rear-to-front pattern.
- See IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server support for Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) devices for information on SAS support.
Overland Storage NEO Series and NEO E-Series
- Available drives
Overland Neo Series
- SDLT 220, SDLT 320, SDLT 600
- LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3, HP LTO-4
- DLT 8000
Overland Neo E-Series
- Device identifications and firmware levels used during validation
Library ID : OVERLAND NEO Series --- Firmware : 0221
Drive ID : QUANTUM SDLT 220 --- Firmware : 1717
- If the NeoCenter utility is installed, the "Multiple Transport Element" box in the "SCSI Parameters" tab must not be selected. Otherwise, the library will report more than one transport element in a multi-module configuration. The DEFINE PATH command to define a path to the library will fail with completion code 321.
- IBM 4560SLX is supported only on Linux for xSeries and Windows. Also check with IBM Support on supported OS platforms and versions.
- IBM 4560SLX requires a Host Bus Adapter card with I/O data rate at least 2 gigabit per second.
- IBM 4560SLX is supported with both SCSI and Fibre Channel interfaces.
- The following settings are required for IBM 4560SLX.
Unload Mode -> Implicit
This option selects the unload mode for library tape drives. If the mode is implicit, the library unloads a tape drive before attempting to move a cartridge from that tape drive. If the mode is explicit, the host must issue a SCSI UNLOAD command to a tape drive before each MOVE MEDIUM command that removes a cartridge from that tape drive. The default is implicit. Do not change this setting.
SCSI Mode -> SCSI-3
This option defines the loader as SCSI-2 or SCSI-3. This setting has to be SCSI-3 which is the default value.
- Device identification
Library ID : IBM 4560SLX --- Minimum firmware required: 0416
- Available drives
- Quantum SDLT
- HP Ultrium
- IBM LTO Generation 2
- See IBM 4560SLX Tape Library User's Guide for more information on the library.
Fujitsu ETERNUS LT130
- Device identifications and firmware levels used during validation with TSM 5.3.2
Library ID : OVERLAND NEO Series --- Firmware : 0429
Drive ID : HP Ultrium 2-SCSI --- Firmware : F5AH
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or " Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Manager
Software version: All Supported Versions
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1137475
Modified date: 2009-08-04