Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for Exabyte Mammoth-2, IBM 60/120 Mammoth-2 (PN 00N8017), and IBM 7208 Model 345 Mammoth-2 drives
IBM 60/120 Mammoth-2
IBM 7208 Model 345 Mammoth-2
1. When defining a device class for Mammoth-2 drives, use
- FORMAT=<DRIVE | M2 | M2C>
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=8MM FORMAT=M2 .....
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=8MM FORMAT=M2C .....
M2 - Specifies that Tivoli Storage Manager writes data using the M2 recording format for 8mm tapes without compression. This format results in a tape capacity of 60GB when using 225m AME cartridges.
M2C - Specifies that Tivoli Storage Manager writes data using the M2C recording format for 8mm tapes with compression. This format results in a cartridge capacity of approximately 120GB when using 225m AME cartridges.
2. 60 GB native capacity with approximately 150 GB with 2.5:1 compression
3. Supported media
- 75mm AME - 20 GB native capacity
- 150mm AME - 40 GB native capacity
- 225mm AME - 60 GB native capacity
4. Product identification and firmware used during validation process
Drive ID : EXABYTE Mammoth2
Firmware : 8CK2V01J
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or " Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.