Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for IBM TS3500 (TotalStorage 3584)
IBM TS3500 Tape Library
- Available drives
- IBM Ultrium 1, IBM Ultrium 2, IBM Ultrium 3, IBM Ultrium 4, IBM Ultrium 5, and IBM Ultrium 6 drives
- IBM 3592, IBM TS1120, IBM TS1130, IBM TS1140, and IBM TS1150
- LTO mixed generations is supported. See Libraries with Mixed Media Capability for more information.
- Tivoli Storage Manager supports the Advanced Library Management System (ALMS) and Virtual I/O Slots (VIOS) features of IBM TS3500. When changing the number of drive, storage, or import/export elements for a logical library, the Tivoli Storage Manager server must be restarted.
- For barcode considerations, see LTO barcode tape labels length reported by platform.
- The IBM device driver is required and can be downloaded from Fix Central.
- For element addresses, see IBM TS3500 Operator Guide Chapter 10 (Locations and Addresses of SCSI elements).
- For more library information, see IBM TS3500 Tape Library - Overview
- New high density library frames are supported by Tivoli Storage Manager.
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or " Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.