IBM TS3500 Library Configuration Information for IBM Spectrum Protect Server (formerly TSM)
Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for IBM TS3500 (TotalStorage 3584)
IBM TS3500 Tape Library
- Beginning with Version 7.1.3, IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager is now IBM Spectrum Protect™. Some applications such as the software fulfillment systems and IBM License Metric Tool use the new product name. However, the software and its product documentation continue to use the Tivoli Storage Manager product name. To learn more about the rebranding transition, see technote 1963634.
- Available drives
- Support for Ultrium 7 drives is available with the following IBM Spectrum Protect Server versions:
Version Release 7.1.3 or subsequent maintenance release
- The IBM device driver is required. IBM device drivers are available at IBM Fix Central. Choose the following options from the drop-down menus.
- Product Group -> System Storage
- System Storage -> Tape systems
- Tape systems -> Tape drivers and software
- Tape drivers and software -> Tape device drivers
- Platform -> select the platform for the device driver that you are looking for
- LTO mixed generations is supported. See Libraries with Mixed Media Capability for more information.
- Tivoli Storage Manager supports the Advanced Library Management System (ALMS) and Virtual I/O Slots (VIOS) features of IBM TS3500. When changing the number of drive, storage, or import/export elements for a logical library, the Tivoli Storage Manager server must be restarted.
- For barcode considerations, see LTO barcode tape labels length reported by platform.
- For element addresses, see IBM TS3500 Operator Guide Chapter 10 (Locations and Addresses of SCSI elements).
- For more library information, see IBM TS3500 Tape Library - Overview
- New high density library frames are supported by Tivoli Storage Manager.
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or " Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Manager
Software version: All Supported Versions
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1053638
Modified date: 19 April 2010
Translate this page: