HP DDS Autoloaders Configuration Information for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server
Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for HP C1553A, HP Surestore 12000e (C1561A) , HP C1557A, HP Surestore DAT24x6, HP StorageWorks DAT40x6 and DAT72x6
HP C1553A DDS-2 Autoloader
HP Surestore 12000e (C1561A) DDS-2 Autoloader
HP C1557A and Surestore DAT 24x6 DDS-3 Autoloader
HP StorageWorks DAT 40x6 DDS-4 Autoloader
HP StorageWorks DAT 72x6 DDS-5 Autoloader
Storage Slot Addresses
Entry/Exit Slot Addresses
1. Maximum numbers of drives and storage slots supported
1 drive 6 slots
2. Barcodes are not supported.
3. These devices are multi-LUN devices. The tape drive and the autochanger share a SCSI ID, but have different LUNs. Usually the drive is LUN 0 and the autochanger is LUN 1.
4. Product identifications and firmware levels used during validation process
HP Surestore DAT40x6
- Library ID : HP C5713A --- Firmware : H910
- Drive ID : HP C5713A --- Firmware : H910
HP StorageWorks DAT 72x6
- Library ID : HP DAT72X6 --- Firmware : B312
- Drive ID : HP DAT72X6 --- Firmware : B312
Notes on HP StorageWorks DAT 72x6:
1. The autoloader does not reports drive serial numbers.
2. The autoloader is available with HP DAT 72x6 drive. For drive configuration, see DAT72 Configuration Information for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server.
3. The autoloader is not supported on SuSE 8.
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See " Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or " Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Manager
Software version: All Versions
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1052198
Modified date: 06 July 2009