The firmware download images are the current code levels for the IBM 3584/TS3500 UltraScalable Tape Library. Included is the Library, Drive, and SNMP MIB files.
Library firmware and tape drive firmware are verified and released together. When updating to the latest firmware, verify that all installed components such as tape drive(s), and library are at the latest levels. Mixing different levels of library and tape drive firmware is not supported and may cause unpredictable results.
Supported Operating Environments
This tape library works with the following operating systems: AIX, HPUX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, i5OS. For details on supported tape attachment please refer to the System Storage Interoperation Center website.
Download Package Descriptions
IBM maintains the latest levels of Tape Product code and documentation on the Internet and are available to download at IBM's new Fix Central web site. This link will take you to the position in Fix Central where you can select the code.
If the Fix Central Link above does not work then go to:
http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral and select the following options:
There are a few pull down menus to navigate to the correct download as follows:
- In the first pull down menu labeled “Product Group” select "Storage Systems".
- In the next pull down menu that appears which is labeled “Product Family” select "Tape Systems".
- With the next pull down menu, “Product Type”, select "Tape autoloaders and libraries".
- This will in turn bring up the “Product” menu, which provides selections for a specific Tape Product.
- Select "TS3500 Tape Library (3584-L32/L22/L23/L52/L53)", and next the installed version and platform pull-down menus will appear.
- Select "All" for both. Click “Continue”.
- The next page will allow to browse for fixes. Click "Continue".
Note: For other firmware levels that are not posted on FixCentral, such as firmware for LTO1 and LTO2 tape drives, the SNMP MIB file, and older library firmware levels, please go to the 3584/TS3500 Tape Library Firmware FTP site. If you need 3592 tape drive firmware, please go to the 3592 tape drive firmware FTP site.
|Library Operator Guide||English||1|
|IBM Device Drivers||English||1|
IBM 3584/TS3500 UltraScalable Tape Library Firmware is available to download at IBM's new FixCentral website. (see download description above)
LTO Technical Support: http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/storage/support/lto/index.html
|Tape Storage||Tape Libraries||TS3500 Tape Library||Open Systems||Version Independent||Standard|
|Tape Storage||Tape Drives||3592 Enterprise Tape Drive||Open Systems||Version Independent||Standard|
|Tape Storage||Tape Drives||TS1040 Tape Drive||Open Systems||Version Independent||Standard|
|Tape Storage||Tape Drives||TS1120 Tape Drive||Open Systems||Version Independent||Standard|
|Tape Storage||Tape Drives||TS1130 Tape Drive||Open Systems||Version Independent||Standard|