This free tutorial is designed to take you through the steps of building a fully functional Domino database using Domino Designer 7. You will be introduced to all the necessary design elements such as forms and views, as well as actions, agents and outlines. Each part of the course is accompanied by a database file. This database provides completed examples of the exercises in each part.
Part 1: Getting Started with Domino Databases
This first part will provide you with the information you need to know to get started developing Domino databases, from the basics of working in the Designer client to creating a functional database. (Timing: 4 to 5 hours)
Part 2: Adding Functionality to Forms
Part 3: Views and Navigation
At the end of Part 1, you will create a very simple view to display the documents in the Time-Off Request database. In Part 3, you will enhance the view with special columns and create new views using selection formulas. You will also learn additional options for database navigation. (Timing: 3 to 4 hours)
Part 4: Agents and Security
- Most Frequently Used Technotes for Lotus Notes Client - A list of the technotes most frequently consulted to answer questions or solve problems about the Lotus Notes client. This list is compiled from technote usage data collected by our internal Support teams in their work to resolve customer incidents, and is supplemented with data of the most frequently accessed documents on the Lotus Support Services Web site
- Frequently Asked Questions about Lotus Notes and Lotus Domino - This Knowledge Collection is a focused compilation of documents to help address the most commonly asked questions about Lotus Notes and Lotus Domino.
- For assistance planning and deploying the next release of your Lotus software, visit Upgrade Central.
- Certification Page - learn about how IBM certification provides a way for skilled IT professionals to demonstrate expertise, validate skills and build proficiency in the latest Notes and Domino technology and solutions. Become a world-class resource to your colleagues and company.
- Lotus Education Worldwide Schedule - locate a schedule of instructor-led or distance learning classes on Domino System Administration or other Lotus technology, visit our Worldwide Schedule. You can search for a class at an authorized Education Center for IBM Software (ECIS) near you.
Original publication date