Domino 8.5 for i: Getting started
Start here to find information about Lotus Domino 8.5 for i, including links to other technotes, techdocs and other resources available.
For general information about Notes and Domino Release 8.5, refer to the IBM Lotus Domino Administrator 8.5 Help - Information Center:
The Installing and Managing Domino 8 for System i guide, also referred to as Domino 8 for System i HELP, is not refreshed with the 8.5 release but it continues to be available for general reference purposes in the Domino 8.5 for i installed product directory (/qibm/proddata/lotus/domino850/data/help) and online at the following locations:
Continue to refer to the Installing and Managing Domino 8 for System i guide for general information about the Domino server product, installation and removal, server configuration, multi-version support, and integration with IBM i.
Additional information for the Domino 8.5 release, including updates to information in Installing and Managing Domino 8 for System i, is available in the following key techdocs and technotes.
Lotus Domino 8.5.x is supported on IBM i 5.4 and i 6.1. Domino 8.5.1 is the minimum release supported on i 7.1. The Lotus Software for IBM i operating system Compatibility Guide contains more information about products supported on IBM i 7.1.
Refer to the following documents for information on hardware and software requirements. Install the software and system fixes (PTFs) prior to installing Domino 8.5 for i.
- Domino 8.5 for i - Hardware Requirements
- Domino 8.5 for i - Software Requirements
- Domino for i (i5/OS): What system fixes are required?
The following references provide information on preparing to install or upgrade to Domino 8.5.x. In particular, read carefully about:
1. ENABLING DAOS. The default minimum attachment size may not be an optimal setting in your environment. IBM i customers need to consider and balance the reduced disk usage with the additional time required to backup a large number of .nlo files.
2. PROGRAM CONVERSION. Plan for additional time during installation on i 5.4 and select operating system upgrade scenarios.
- Domino 8.5 for i (i5/OS): Checklist for upgrading
- Domino 8.5 for i: Program Conversion
- Domino 8.5 for i: Installation and upgrade
- Domino for i (i5/OS): Using i Navigator Tasks on the Web
- Domino for i (i5/OS): Recommended settings for Japanese edition
Things you need to know
- Domino 8.5 for i: What's new in this release
- Domino 8.5.1 for i: What's new in this release
- Domino 8.5.2 for i: What's new in this release
- Domino 8.5.3 for i: What's new in this release
- Domino 8.5 for i: Unsupported features
- Domino for i (i5/OS): What Keyview version and formats are supported?
- Domino for i (i5/OS): How to obtain additional spell-check dictionaries
- Considerations when developing Domino C and C++ API applications for i5/OS
IBM System i and i5/OS Information Center
IBM Redbooks including IBM i and Domino information
Installing and Managing Domino 8 (HELP) - Lotus
Installing and Managing Domino 8 (HELP) - Boulder
Domino for i (i5/OS) and IBM i product information
Domino for i (i5/OS) Support Information
Lotus Domino 7 for i5/OS Application Development Guide
Considerations when developing Domino C/C++ application
Lotus Domino 8.5 Administrator HELP
Information about Domino Server Langauge Pack V8.5.x an
Domino 8.5.1 for i: What's new in this release?:
New DAOS Features in Notes/Domino 8.5.1
Lotus Software for IBM i operating system Compatibility
Lotus Product Support on IBM i 7.1.
Domino 8.5.2 for i: What's new in this release
Domino 8.5.3 for i: What's new in this release
More support for:
Software version: 8.5, 8.5.1, 8.5.2, 8.5.3
Operating system(s): IBM i
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 7013148
Modified date: 27 September 2011
Translate this page: