This article guides you through the basics of generating tooling for elements from an existing UML profile or from a new UML profile. The steps described in this article pertain to Rational Software Architect for WebSphere Software 7.5, Rational Software Architect Standard Edition 7.5 and Rational Software Modeler 7.5.
After reading this whitepaper, you will learn how to use the new Profile Tooling workflow introduced in Rational Software Architect and Rational Software Modeler version 7.5 and later, including:
- generating the tooling model;
- how to customize the tooling model;
- creating dynamic tooling diagrams;
- generating code from the tooling model;
- deploying the tooling;
- updating the tooling model to respond to changes in the profile; and
- upgrading from previous versions.
|Software Development||Rational Software Architect Standard Edition||Data Modeling||Linux, Windows||7.5|
|Software Development||Rational Software Modeler||Data Modeling||Windows, Linux||7.5|