IBM Rational Business Developer, Version 22.214.171.124 Release Information
IBM Rational Business Developer, Version 126.96.36.199 fix pack contains fixes and language updates to version 188.8.131.52.
This section describes the content of Rational Business Developer, Version 184.108.40.206.
- About this release
- Fixed APARs in this release
- Product documentation
- Software and hardware requirements
- Installation information
- Known problems
- IBM Rational Software Support
About this release
This fix pack includes fixes to the earlier version 7.1 releases of Rational Business Developer.
Rational Business Developer, Version 220.127.116.11 includes these enhancements:
The debugger has new capabilities:
- Preference to disable warnings about missing source
- Ability to hover over a variable and display associated value
New preference for retrieving SQL data
You can use the EGL type char for SQL date, time, and timestamp in SQL Retrieve preference to allow data that is stored in the database as DATE, TIME, or TIMESTAMP type to be converted to EGL CHAR type when it is retrieved.
Fixed APARs in this release
APARs that are fixed in this release are in the
For complete documentation, see the Rational Business Developer information center at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rbdhelp/v7r1m0/
A copy of the Installation Guide is located in the Download
document for IBM Rational Business Developer, Verion 18.104.22.168. You can also access the Installation Guide from the Install Packages page of Installation Manager by selecting IBM Rational Business Developer, Version 22.214.171.124 and clicking More Information.
For more information, see the following resources:
- The Enterprise Generation Language page on the IBM EGL Cafe at http://www.ibm.com/rational/cafe/community/egl
- The IBM User Communities at http://www.ibm.com/community/
Software and hardware requirements
See the detailed system requirements document at
Detailed System Requirements for Rational Business Developer 7.1.x.x.
Access the software
If you download your product from IBM Passport Advantage, follow the instructions in the Download document.
To install this fix pack, use one of the following two options:
- If Rational Business Developer, Version 7.1, is installed on your system, you can install this update by using the Update Packages wizard in IBM Installation Manager. For details, see Installing Rational Business Developer, Version 126.96.36.199 as an update.
- If you are installing Rational Business Developer, Version 7.1, for the first time or if you are installing an additional instance of it, you can install this update at the same time that you install Rational Business Developer, Version 7.1 by clicking Check for updates on the Install page of the Installing Packages wizard in IBM Installation Manager. For details, see Installing Rational Business Developer, Version 188.8.131.52 with Version 7.1.
By default, you do not need to download the compressed files that contain the update. Installation Manager downloads the update directly from the IBM update repository and installs it. If you choose to download the update for local installations, see the DCF download document.
- Rational Business Developer, Version 7.1 must be installed.
- Make sure that the product and all browsers and other applications that were opened by Rational Business Developer are closed.
To find and install Rational Business Developer, Version 184.108.40.206 as an update:
- Start IBM Installation Manager.
On Windows Vista, you must run Installation Manager as an administrator. (Right-click the program shortcut and click Run as administrator.)
- On the Start page of Installation Manager, click the Update Packages button.
- If a new version of Installation Manager is found, you are prompted to confirm that you want to install it before you can continue. Click OK to proceed. Installation Manager automatically installs the new version, stops, restarts, and resumes.
- In the Update packages wizard, select the Installed Location for Rational Business Developer and click Next. Installation Manager searches for updates in the Rational Business Developer repository on the Web and any repository locations that you specified. An indicator shows the progress of the search.
- By default, recommended updates are displayed and selected on the Update Package page. Select Version 220.127.116.11 for Rational Business Developer, and then click Next.
- On the Licenses page, read the license agreements for the update. On the left side of the License page; click each item to display the license agreement text.
- If you agree to the terms for all of the license agreements, click I accept the terms of the license agreements.
- Click Next to continue.
- On the Summary page, review information displayed and then click Update. An indicator shows the progress of the installation.
- When the update process is complete, a message that confirms the success of the process is displayed near the top of the page. To open the log file for the current session in a new window, click View log file. You must close the Installation Log window to continue.
To install Rational Business Developer, Version 18.104.22.168:
- From the product installation CD, start the launchpad program.
- Read the Installation Guide and the release information.
- When you are ready to begin the installation, click Install IBM Rational Business Developer.
- If Installation Manager is not detected on your system, you must install it to continue. To install Installation Manager, follow the on-screen instructions in the installation wizard that opens. After the installation is complete, Installation Manager opens automatically.
- If an older version of Installation Manger is installed on your system, the older version will be updated to the latest release. To update Installation Manager, follow the on-screen instructions in the installation wizard that opens. After the installation is complete, Installation Manager opens automatically.
- Click Install Packages. Follow the on-screen instructions in the wizard to complete the installation process.
- To activate your license for Rational Business Developer, on the Start page of Installation Manager, click Manage Licenses.
By default, a 60-day trial license is enabled when you first install Rational Business Developer. You must import the product Activation Kit CD to install your permanent license key and license agreement from the Activation Kit CD.
Uninstalling the fix pack
If you updated a previously installed version to version 22.214.171.124, you can revert to the previous version by using the rollback feature of Installation Manager. The rollback feature uninstalls the updated resources and reinstalls the resources from the previous version. You can roll back only one version level at a time.
When you roll back to an earlier version of a package, it is restored with same features that were associated with that version; any features that you added after upgrading to version 126.96.36.199 by using the Modify Packages wizard are removed, and any features that you removed are restored.
During the rollback process, Installation Manager must access files from the earlier version of the package. By default, these files are stored on your system when you install a package. If you changed the default setting or deleted the files by using the Remove Stored Files option on the Roll Back preferences page (File > Preferences > Rollback Files), Installation Manager must access to your installation repository or media. If you installed the product from a repository, you must list that repository in your Preferences (File > Preferences > Repositories). If you installed the product from CDs or other media, they must be available when you use the rollback feature.
Before you roll back Rational Business Developer, Version 188.8.131.52:
- Log in with a user account that has the same privileges as the account that was used to install the packages to be uninstalled.
- Close Rational Business Developer, Version 184.108.40.206 and any other applications that you installed by using Installation Manager.
- If any applications that were started by Rational Business Developer are still open or running, such as a browser or IBM® WebSphere® Application Server, close them.
To roll back an updated package:
- Start Installation Manager.
- On the Start page, click Roll Back Packages.
- In the Rollback wizard, from the Package Group Name list, select the package group that contains the packages to roll back and click Next.
- Select the version of the package to roll back to and click Next.
- Read the summary information and click Roll Back.
For additional instructions on uninstalling Rational Business Developer, see the Installation Guide.
Known problems are documented in technotes in the Support knowledge base at: http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/support/. As problems are discovered and resolved, the knowledge base is updated and maintained with new information. By searching the knowledge base, you can quickly find workarounds or solutions to problems.
The following links open customized queries of the live Support knowledge base:
- View all known problems for Rational Business Developer, Version 220.127.116.11
- View all known problems for Rational Business Developer, version 7.1 and later
IBM Rational Software Support
IBM Rational Software Support provides you with technical assistance.
For contact information and guidelines or reference materials that you will need when you require support, see the IBM Software Support Handbook. For FAQs, lists of known problems and fixes, and other support information, visit the product support page for Rational Business Developer.
For product news, events, and other information, visit the product home page for Rational Business Developer.
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you will need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
- What software versions were you running when the problem occurred?
- Do you have l logs, traces, or messages that are related to the problem?
- Can you reproduce the problem? If so, what steps do you take to reproduce it?
- Is there a workaround for the problem? If so, be prepared to describe the workaround.