This document describes how to download and install the IBM Rational AppScan Developer and IBM Rational Build Edition Version 7.8.2 Fix Pack.
Some of the problems from previous releases that are now fixed in this release are:
- APAR PK86588: AppScan Developer Edition did not allow code scans in the default (no) package.
- Static Analysis scans requiring JSP precompilation were failing for project structures that were not typical WAR-file format.
- Linked resources in Eclipse were not properly handled when looking for code during a static analysis scan.
- Static analysis scans did not use Eclipse project information during code searches.
- There was a dynamic analysis engine exception related to illegal XML characters.
- The license dialog did not display both Rational AppScan Enterprise and local scanning permissions when Rational AppScan Enterprise integration was enabled.
- There was a static analysis exception related to Web service annotation support.
- There was a Rational AppScan Build Edition exception when Ant could not be found in an folder named org.apache.ant*.
- Rational AppScan Build Edition reported static analysis as being "Done" twice.
- Execution flow data was not displaying the invocation of class constructors.
- There have also been several fixes made to the correlation algorithm.
The following enhancements have been added:
- Additions to the Rational AppScan Build Edition API:
- Ability to specify a new starting URL for a dynamic analysis scan.
- Ability to specify a new login sequence for a dynamic analysis scan if a new starting URL is specified.
- Enhancements to the Rational AppScan Build Edition command line sample:
- Dynamic analysis: Ability to specify a new starting URL and a new login sequence.
- Dynamic analysis: Ability to specify a Rational AppScan Standard Edition .scan file as input (or output if the input is a .scan as well).
- Static analysis: Ability to specify the location of the application to be scanned.
- Added advanced usage examples and troubleshooting information.
This Fix Pack also includes IBM Rational AppScan Standard Edition Version 220.127.116.11 and during installation, automatically upgrades your system to this version.
Hardware and software requirements are listed in the Quick Start Guide and Installation Guide that are included in the download package at IBM Fix Central. These documents are also available at the IBM Publications Center.
This Fix Pack requires that you have the latest 7.8 product image from Passport Advantage installed (this package was made available in April 2009).
|AppScan Developer Edition Quick Start Guide||English||160000|
|AppScan Build Edition Quick Start Guide||English||150000|
Ensure that Rational AppScan Developer / Rational AppScan Build Edition Version 7.8 is already installed on your system. This Fix Pack requires that you have the latest 7.8 product image from Passport Advantage installed (this package was made available in April 2009). Then you can install this update by using the Update Packages wizard in IBM Installation Manager:
- Find and download the Fix Pack from the Fix Central URL below.
- Add the compressed Fix Pack file as a repository location in IBM Installation Manager:
- Start IBM Installation Manager.
- On the Start page of Installation Manager, click File > Preferences, and then click Repositories. The Repositories page opens.
- On the Repositories page, click Add Repository.
- In the Add repository dialog box, browse to or enter the file path to the downloaded compressed file and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Preference page.
- Select the Update link in IBM Installation Manager.
- Choose to install IBM Rational AppScan Developer and Build Edition Version 7.8.2.
- At this stage, you will be presented with the same installation panels that are described in the Installation Guide. Please follow it for the remaining installation steps.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central (FC)?
|IBM Fix Central||6/16/2009||English||283115520||FC|
IBM Rational AppScan Developer Edition:
IBM Rational AppScan Build Edition:
|Security||Rational AppScan Build Edition||Installation||Windows||7.8||Build, Developer|
Problems (APARS) fixed